View Single Post
Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 10-31-2017, 03:54 AM

Show Me The Shorty!
Username: Woodlandnymph
Entry:

SPOILERX

Drip.Drip. The blood made a thick muffled noise as it rhythmically fell to the carpet. The dark stain crept further out, sucking up the dingy beige as it went. Brandi sat hunched over, as far away as she could possibly be from the bed...from the body, snot and tears mingling on her face.

A car’s headlights flashed by, illuminating the scene briefly. She looked up at the thin motel curtains and finally glanced back over to the bed. A muffled moan escaped her lips. He shouldn’t have come tonight. He knew it was dangerous to be around her.

The closet door rattled and shook, making Brandi jump and cry harder. Her heart pounded in her chest and fluttered. She rocked, sending spittle flecks flying. The laughter started up again. She shook her head again, firmer this time, “I won’t let you out.”

“You have to sooner or later,” the voice mocked, “You can’t keep me here forever. That corpse will start to bloat and fester.”

Brandi’s head perked up and this time she couldn’t help but stare at the lifeless form of her friend. She’d never hear his laugh or stupid jokes again.

“Might as well give him to me.”

“You can’t have him. No one can.” She balled her fists.

“No one can? Is that why you did it?”

“...I...couldn’t. I’m so sorry Chance. What have I done to you?”

She flung her hands out, blindly hitting the knife she used to carve into the only man she loved. She clutched the slippery handle, “What have I done?”

The laugh continued. “Trap me all you like. It won’t last. I will take you both in the end.”

The closet door rattled until it seemed like the whole door frame would break off the wall, and the flimsy talisman she placed on it finally snapped. HE stepped out.

The room grew icy and she felt rather than saw HIS shadow loomed above her. The knife thrust inward, and she felt no more.

DEATH mused over them for a moment... then consumed their souls.