View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-06-2016, 05:26 PM

It had been enough to knock him to his ass, but not so much that he was out of the fight. He jumped to his feet, moving beside his captain, who had put fear into the guards. Anger flooded him, how had he let the guard wound him like that? Sure, he had a bit more to drink today than usual, but he felt fine. "Figure they hidin' sumin' good, aye cap'n?" His voice was near a growl, his sword ready for one of them to attack. None of them seemed to be moving torn between protecting the riches or their own lives. "Go on men, kill these filthy bastards!" The call to arms came from the back of the pack, probably the captain, cowering behind his own men. Three of the guards moved at once and Gerard charged into the fray. It wasn't long before the others, the older captain included, joined in the fight. He was glad to have the captain at his back.

"We will not surrender!" Came a battle cry from a guard, who Gerard quickly took out with a well placed lunge into his stomach, breaking through the chain mail. That was music to his ears, no prisoners this time, they would take the riches and sink the ship and be on their way.

===

Rose looked at Ariel in awe, why was she so concerned. "I warn you not to raise your voice at me..." She murmured, though she lacked any bit of malice and threat. Why should she be worried? "Pirates? I think not, father took care of them long ago." That is what he had told her, and since she had heard no report of pirates, obviously it was true. "Besides, if they were out there, they wouldn't dare attack the King's ship." She crossed her arms and didn't move, feeling no need to dive into hysterics like her ladies maid. It was probably quiet because the problem was taken care of and they'd soon be on their way.

With her maid having gone mad, she poured herself a glass of wine from a nearby decanter, sipping it. She had nothing to fear, her guards were some of the best her father had, they would protect he and strike down any foe. Not that she believed there was one. "Cease with your hysterics. You're frightening Fancy." The cat was meowing loudly and scampering across the room.