View Single Post
shatteredarchivist
Days without incident: 0

Old 08-23-2015, 11:07 AM

Khadri waved his hand. "It's all hypothetical and proverbial. The act of feeding is merely the act of giving assistance where it is needed. A starving populace is just part of the metaphor. We all simply have to find out where our loyalties lie. If yours are with the crew, then glad to have you aboard. In a party like this, we need to have each others' complete trust to perform properly. That means I need to know you can do your job of protecting the... flimsier party members, such as La'iel and myself from those who would see us harm. But it is a two way street, this not-a-metaphor. You also need to know that La'iel and I will do our best in protecting you as well."

Khadri placed his cup on the table and pulled out a small square of leather. He muttered a quick, well-known incantation and flicked his wrist in just the right way. His hand was engulfed in a soft blue glow that formed several rivulets around his fingers, dancing and popping as the arcane forces bounced into each other. "If I think that a battle is going to be a long, arduous one, I may cast this on you. It's a harmless little spell that most casters know that adds an extra layer of armor to your existing one. Mage's Armor. One of a few defensive spells that I already have access to. I'll gain more as we travel, but this one is a good fallback. I believe it augments physical armor. If not, at least it looks neat." He waved his hand, dispelling the streams, and absorbed the arcane energy right back into himself.

"We are here for each other. Not for me. Not for the goblin. Each other." Khadri confirmed, picking his cup back up.