View Single Post
Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 09-09-2015, 05:34 AM

He made a fair point, and Kalia couldn't exactly argue she wouldn't assassinate the would-be murderer in the presented hypothetical situation. After all, she essentially told the captive orc in their very first encounter as a party 'because you will go on to kill others, your life is now forfeit.' Despite what she said and how she acted, her hands weren't exactly clean.

Kalia hummed, leaning back in her seat and crossing her arms over her chest. "No," she admitted, "I don't think I quite get what you're trying to imply. But... maybe it's better that way." She paused for a moment, thinking over Khadri's words again. "And maybe that's what you're saying." Another slight pause, and then Kalia freed a hand to gesticulate vaguely, brows drawing together in a slight, concerned frown. "Khadri, I'm not good with this sort of thing. I know about temples and deities and snooty rich folk-- The moment we get into shadowy dealings, I'm out of my depth. If you need me to protect you and stop listening when you give the word, I can do that. Sometimes it's going to be necessary, especially while we still need money so badly, but I'm not comfortable with it in the long run."