View Single Post
Vosa

Old 04-24-2016, 11:54 PM

Hi I saw this thread and I thought I'd tell you some of my favorite odd movies, like movies that are probably considered to have a cult following rather than being really popular. Starship Troopers (the first one is definitely the best) is not really scary but has a lot of gross bug explosions. I really really enjoyed the first five saw movies. If you can see past the horror they make a great series of mysteries. six and seven kind of seem like add ons to me, they star side characters. Saw was the movie series that desensitized me to movie horror in pretty much every other movie, so if you have a weak heart for that sort of thing, I wouldn't recommend it. I would suggest Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp for some lighter horror/mystery. Not really any gore, except that ichabod cuts open a body once (to discover science clues! oooooo~) and there's a tree with blood for sap. It also stars Christopher Walken, but he doesn't say much^^

Those are the weirder ones I like, but you might like the stargate movie. It's very action/adventure/sci-fi and Daniel Jackson is as cute as a confused puppy. lol I think I just have a thing for the awkward intellectual type.