View Single Post
Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-22-2011, 09:10 PM

FAQ

Can I play?
Absolutely! You don't need to ask, just jump in whenever you want. It doesn't matter how long the game has been running or if you've participated already.

Do I have to fill out a form to make a suggestion?
Nope! I would prefer that you make your suggestions in the first person perspective, though ("I hug the dragon," not "you hug the dragon." I write the stories in the second person perspective because they're about YOU! So when you're writing about what you want to do, you would write it in first person. Your suggestion will still be accepted if you don't type it in the first person, it's just a little pet peeve of mine.)

What world is the game set in? Can I go to France? Can I write about my Menewsha friend?
Your adventure takes place on the island of Menewsha, and it is unlikely that you will leave during the course of the story. NPCs and Menewsha creatures are all a part of the world and will be used as NPCs for the game. So if you need another character to help yours out, why not enlist Mr. Mayor? I cannot write regular users into the story (except for the protagonist, which is you!) so please do not make a suggestion like "I call my friend [Menewsha user] and ask her to come help me out." Exceptions may be made when it comes to staff members being used as NPCs. In the last game, I used both myself as Insomniac as characters. So if Lise is getting a little uppity with you in the story, why not choose to "report" her to a moderator? Can't find a bridge to cross a river? Maybe your suggestion would be to go ask Jellysundae to see if it's a glitch! (Note: suggestions in this game. Please do not contact actual staff members in regard to the story)

Can we chat in here?
Absolutely! Feel free to say hi to your fellow players while you're waiting for a new story update.

When will you post the next update?
When I feel like it! ;) I like to take a bit of time between updates to give plenty of people a chance to participate. I might make updates closer together if the thread is very active and I'm receiving a lot of suggestions. Also keep in mind that I have to sleep, eat, go to class, write for NaNoWriMo, attend to basic hygiene needs, etc. so I cannot be here constantly.

How many suggestions can I make?
You can participate as much as you want! But as I mentioned before, please only make one suggestion per story update. If you've changed your mind about your suggestion, you may edit your post, but only if I have not just posted a dice roll.

You made an error with your punctuation/spelling/grammar!
Sorry about that! I do my best to be correct, but I'm only human. It's not polite to correct someone for trivial mistakes, so you really don't need to point it out to me. However, if I've made a very large error that makes things difficult to understand (like if I've accidentally left out a crucial word - that happens to me sometimes! My brain gets ahead of my fingers), please do point that out so I can fix it. Again, this is only for when the error is large enough that it causes legitimate confusion. Comma splices might annoy you, but you can still understand what I meant!

Can I look at the story from the last event?
You sure can!

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 11-02-2011 at 10:46 PM..