View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 07-19-2011, 06:03 AM

Alfie was more than startled by the scream that burst forth from the other male. So startled, in fact, that he backed up several inches and then pressed himself against the nearest part of the cave's wall. He was in too much of a shocked state to flee--he was frozen where he was. Was this male really getting so aggressive over a simple mistake like this? Sheesh, he only wanted to hide...he had no way of knowing the cave was occupied...

The rattle-less rattlesnake didn't even have much time to react as the darker-colored, bigger male made his way past him at a blinding speed. Alfie was shaken, and for a minute or so, he couldn't move. When he finally did work up the desire to move, he also made his way out of the cave...albeit, a bit more slowly. It took him a while to make his way back out of the cave, and he took another short dip in the water once he breached the waterfall. Poking his head up above the surface of the water, Alfie paused and then sniffed the air again.

...That scent again. It was really strong...it had to have been coming from that male, strangely as it sounded. Why would a male smell like that? With the other smelling like that, it was actually easy for Alfie to realize that he hadn't gone far. Rather, he'd gone up. He was probably lounging up in one of the nearby trees. The reddish naga just couldn't see him.

"...Hey," Alfie called, simply. "Can't see you, but I can smell you. You didn't have to holler at me like that. I'm not looking for a mate, if that's what you're thinking."