View Single Post
Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 08-21-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explodey View Post
There's this group of people in my town who call themselves The Aesthetians. They don't think cartoons, doodles, watercolor, anything made on the computer, or collages are art. They also hate most music, citing anything not classical as not music.

Probably because none of them play very well. I like to make fun of these guys, to be honest. They used to give out these gold and black buttons with a stylized A on it; I took one and carve/scratched it into an anarchist A and wore that around for awhile.
They sound really pompous to be honest. I'm laughing at the anarchist A carving though [:rofl]

I've never heard of anyone not considering anime/manga style an art form. I'd think because it's so overused and also because it's become so saturated with how people draw (including me) that it's not really considered a legitimate art form anymore.

I've always thought that an art form was something that was only passed down from generation to generation to only a select few people (wayyy back in the old days). And maybe that's coming from people that think of art form as only fitting this narrow definition. But I'm not too into anime/manga culture anymore so I don't know how that works [:sweat]