View Single Post
Mizayo
The Embodiment of Geekiness

Old 12-07-2009, 03:04 AM

12. Do You Love Me?

I had to pee. Bad.
Devin had put the jet to auto pilot, so everyone should be asleep.
I got up very quietly.
Being Grace’s friend since birth, I had been inside the jet hundreds of times. We had actually slept inside it a couple of times.
I walked toward the gigantic bathroom.
I walked inside, went number one, and left. I don’t want to gross you prissies out too much. (Except for you goths out there who are actually reading this because they want to)
As I walked by the small kitchen, I noticed a light. A laptop light.
Devin.
“What are you doing up so late?” I asked, scratching my butt.
“Doing some research on India. What’s your excuse?”
“Had to take a pee.”
“Ah! The great mission of the toilet!” he grinned. I giggled.
“I’ve been meaning to talk to you, Devin.” I got serious.
“What about?” he looked at me as I sat down next to him.
“You remember when you got all worried about me when I regained consciousness? And when you got all worried I’d die of thirst when you didn’t even know me yet? And what was all that ‘twin’ stuff Ti kept telling me about?”
His face dropped. “I…I…I…”
“Wait. I’m not done yet.” I gulped slowly, not ready to ask the question I had rehearsed over and over in my head. Then I looked up into his red eyes. “Do you love me?”
Right then, out of nowhere, he wrapped his arms around me and pushed my lips against his.
Fireworks exploded around our heads. I felt myself pulling him closer, feeling his warmth and love.
We pulled apart after what felt like an eternity, but what was really just about five seconds.
I gasped for breath and looked up into his eyes.
“Yes. I’ve loved you ever since the day I first saw you, laying in your bed, with a wet rag to your forehead.” His eyes twinkled and his face beamed brightly. “But do you love me?”
“Oh, yes, Devin! Oh, god, yes!” I giggled and pulled him down for another kiss.