View Single Post
BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-09-2013, 01:54 PM

Sleep would be a sensible idea Alpha thought. He knew if he was to heal properly that he should follow Thistles advice, but he would reluctantly leave her up on her own.

"Okay" he said finally

"You take the first watch, but just make sure you wake me when it is my turn!"

Alpha rolled over facing away from the fire, and closed his eyes, he chuckled slightly

"My skin is fine Thistle, I just like to moan a bit I guess, there's a lot more to complain about now than there is to be thankful for"

But he was thankful really, more than he had been for a long time, he had met someone, someone that seemed kind, and caring, that in itself was rare.

"And you seem to put yourself down too much Thistle, there is more potential than you realise... 'Cor just imagine being able to concentrate enough to make an enemies density so low, they'd be blown apart by the wind? Or make the ground around someone so dense, that it changes the gravity?... But I'm just thinking out aloud"

Alpha began to slip off still listening to Thistle...

That night seemed a blur, a mixture of dreams, thoughts, images, and of waking up changing places with Thistle, listening out into the darkness, occasionally venturing out into the gloom, to watch for shadows in the snow, occasional creaks from the metal ruins, or a piece of debris blown past. Causing Alpha or Thistle to become alert and vigilant.

He's dreams and sleep were disturbed. Filled with visions of ice cold sea water, shrapnel raining down, great monstrous Wyrms rising from the ground. One vivid dream that stayed in his memories was of him trapped down a deep hole, a well, with sharp,teeth in the darkness biting at him from below, he tried to climb up towards the sun , but there was two suns not one. "Up here a boys voice called" the one that spoke to him in the snow "up here deadman" the voice began to laugh. Alpha climbed harder his feet slipping on the holds, his fingers bled as he grasped sharp edges, he looked up the clouds were covering the suns pale shades of violet, purple, he got closer to the edge, the suns turned blue, bright burning blue. He pulled himself over the edge, bathed in the blue glow. Ahead of him he could see others, a group of people being chased by beasts, they were fighting, running... He recognised one of them, the rest were strangers to him, but somehow familiar.
Then a large serpent reared up,in front of him as he was about to call out to them, he stumbled back and fell, down the hole, he fell for so long. The suns turned to blue eyes, bright blue eyes. He was about to hit the ground.

Alpha woke with a sharp intake of breath, had he dreamt? He hade vague memories of other people, a snake, and blue eyes. But nothing clear.