View Single Post
Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-19-2016, 03:02 AM

(>^_^)>~~THURSDAY~~<(^_^<)

Today's Prompt:
Movie Time

I'd like to be a movie buff and i'd like to say that I am movie buff, cause I think that would be cool. But when it comes right down to it, i'm not. I like movies, but I rarely watch them. I have to be in a certain mood to sit down and watch a film, and that mood doesn't come so often. I don't know what it is. It's doesn't have anything to do with my attention span, I think i'm pretty okay in that department. I guess it stems from the feeling of having to be tethered down to one thing for an hour and a half to two hours. I like the freedom of being able to move from one thing to another.

I'd talk about that last movie I watched, which was the Iron Giant. But I kinda already did in another post. So i'll turn the subject to one of my all time favorite films.

Ugh, I love this movie!

When I was a kid, someone gave us a bunch of VHS tapes with prerecorded films on them. These were blank tapes someone filled up. One of them had Clue on it and, I dunno, it sucked me in right away. I'm sure at that young age, every joke didn't land. But I was hooked from the beginning. I've watched it many, many times over the years, and my appreciation has only grown. Great cast, great story, super funny. -- It was nice years later to learn that lots people felt an affinity for this film and that it's a cult classic.

Clue, the film, is also what sparked my love for all things Clue. The film, the board game, the VHS and DVD games. I've even written my own Clue fanfiction.

And I love the series. :D Clue, the game, originated in England and is know as Cluedo. Back the 90s, there was sort a Cluedo game show. Two sets of contestants would watch a short film, which featured all the standard characters and a separate character, who is murdered. Then the actors, as the Cluedo characters, would come out into the studio and the contestants would ask them questions and try to solve the murders. I enjoy it so feckin' much.

All the episodes are on Youtube. Here's part one of the first episode.

Music of the Day:
Nekromantix ~ Murder for Breakfast

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 01-24-2016 at 02:33 AM..