View Single Post
Dominator
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2011, 12:18 AM

"Indeed?" Thoth's staff had begun glowing with a deep blue light, as the blood drops were syphoned in it "We shall see, Horus. Khen a debeh, sefetjew'e kem-senef." the ancient Egyptian spell had begun weaving itself into the man's skin, causing an unpleasant tingling sensation, but also the distinct taste of raw power "Kesi akh aai iret. Hereb ih keded, sefet'a'wey."

The glow slowly faded and Thoth lowered his head, leaning on the wood once again. This was a protection enchantment. It was going to ensure Horus survived his encounter with the Pharaoh. That was the first and most important step of the plan he had to set in motion. If Horus died in the act, Egypt was going to be directly given to a prince, who had not seen a single hardship in his life. The Kingdom was not going to survive this. Numbers, figures, estimates - all scientific evidence pointed towards it. The advisor had to survive, to usurp the throne and remain on it, giving Egypt stability, albeit strained. He was a key figure, his life and death - playing cards the god had to use to deliver the kingdom to salvation. No cost was too great, no action - despicable, if it was to ensure the natural balance would remain intact. Thoth's magic was going to shield him against all metal weapons, as well as give him mild magic resistance. The downside to this was, Horus was now in the deity's posession, literally. His blood in the hands of such a powerful sorcerer only meant his soul was more or less at the mercy of the Keeper of Knowledge...

"Now go prove you are to be the greatest ruler in history." Thoth's milky white eyes turned to the side, hearing hushed words "I will borrow your slave. She shall be returned when my business with her is done." not waiting for an answer, he walked towards the direction he had heard the noise from. It didn't even occur to him that the man might have had something against his wishes. He had commanded and the mortal was to abide by his decrees. Especially now. Coming from around the corner, his piercing gaze turned towards the two young women standing there. This was to be expected. There was a relatively big chance somebody would hear their conversation. But he was prepared for that too.

"Lady Cena. Lady Talim." the voice that came from the 'priest' was soothing and soft, almost unbelievably so. These two girls had to be prevented from interfering, the Emperor could not flee. His next sorcery subtly convinced their minds he was an honored and beloved guest "The Great Scribe requests of me to make a piligrimage to the temple of the Great Judge, Anubis." the god didn't even try explaining where he knew their names from or where they knew him from. Human minds filled those blanks themselves to explain to itself why it felt such a stong bond towards the caster"Yet I do not know the way. Would you ladies be so kind to show it to me? I have spoken to Lord Horus already. He does not mind."

That was it, he just had to draw them away from the palace, so they couldn't warn anyone. By the time they reached the temple, the deed was going to be done. Now he had to make sure none of the other gods disrupted the fragile balance by trying to exact just revenge on Horus. The first one he had to convince was Anubis. Thoth knew the other had only just appeared in the mortal realm once again. The Keeper of the Afterlife was in his essence, however, a just and impartial god. Every soul he had judged, Thoth was there as the Scribe, to record it in his vast register. Thoth knew the other god well. He knew he could eventually draw him to his side, if he explained him the situation fully. It was very much possible that the dog-headed deity was also going to side with him, if it believed the danger to be great enough to warrant such drastic measures as the ones Thoth had undertaken...

Last edited by Dominator; 10-25-2011 at 01:38 AM..