View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 12-27-2018, 09:23 PM

I've calmed down since posting this...

I can accept that in that particular case, it was not consensual of the man to not pull out. That makes sense..

I think the truth was, I wasn't actually mad over that. It was that someone else in the thread was accusing me of things that I've actually been a victim of myself.

Perhaps I was over-identifying, though.

I guess in my mind, if you consent to the sex, yes, you can take away consent at any time... BUT if you don't say "no" or "stop" or make any sort of gesture to indicate that you don't consent anymore... how is your partner going to know that you withdrew consent? They can't read your mind...?! If you're drunk or drugged, you can't give consent. But, say you give consent and then later want to withdraw consent. If you don't make it known that you've withdrawn consent and then later on say, "They raped me".. I mean, that doesn't make sense to me.

Your partner cannot read your mind. If you were coerced into it, yes, that is rape. But if you fully consented and then later on didn't want to consent anymore but don't make an effort to tell your partner...? That's not fair to them!