View Single Post
nimh
*^_^*

Old 06-27-2011, 12:08 AM

Rue glanced up as she heard a friendly voice, "Huh, Oh I just . . . Umm, I cut my finger. I know it sounds petty and all but it really hurt and I need my hands for my work. Just kinda sucks." Blushing from embarassment Rue turned back to her drink and sipped on the cold coffee. Turning back to be boy Rue smiled, " Rue Pennelope Nacht. Theater Arts / Creative Writing double major at your service." Rue held out her hand, then realising that hand was the one she had her just-cut-finger on she put that hand down in her lap. Spinning her stool to face the boy she offered her other hand. Sipping her coffee Rue coughed as a chocolate chip got stuck in her throat. Embarassed at seeming childish and weird Rue stared at her coffee, frustrated. Smoothing her auburn hair back with her hands Rue frowned when her hair fell back into her eyes. Pixie cuts could be frustrating sometimes. Digging a headband out of her bag Rue pulled it on, finally getting her hair out of her eyes. Turning to the boy Rue sat up straight and tried to explain herself, "Sorry if I've given off an odd first impression. To be honest I am a little strange but I'm really a good person. This has just been a tiring day for me, so please forgive me for being awkward." Rue sipped her coffee nervously unsure of what to say next. Her mind failing her Rue waved a hand in the air saying, "See I've just gone and made things all awkward again. Wow, this is really an off day for me." Rue rested her head on her hand, elbow propped on the counter. Her other hand held her coffee cup. Rue stared at the counter, sneaking occasional glances at the boy to see how he would respond. All the while, drinking her coffee to prevent herself from embarassing herself further.