Thread: Beautiful Beast
View Single Post
~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-12-2016, 04:02 AM

Gemini glanced away as soon as their eyes met. She couldn't look him in the eye and continue to lie, she was sure he'd figure it out if she did. The unspoken truth hung tenuous as a spider's thread between them, invisible but always there. After a quiet moment where Shail drank his water- slowly this time, she noticed with satisfaction- he spoke up again. Though entirely true, his words took Gemini by surprise. She blushed slightly, thanking the cool darkness of the cave for hiding it. "Yes, well...most djinn don't bargain for a single human as I did." She said with a shrug. She hoped he didn't ask why she had made that bargain, because she still wasn't entirely sure herself. She cleared her throat. "Besides, you are under my protection. I am not a killer, and I would not have someone die while I was watching them. It is bad enough the villagers blame me for every random death as it is, I won't aid those rumors by allowing them to be true." She said this last part bitterly. Yes, she was a djinn and liked causing trouble, but she had never been a killer like some of her kind. She was more of a...minor mischief maker.