View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 01-09-2012, 05:39 PM

Devin had blended back into the crowd as she made her way to lean against some crates that had yet to be stowed away below deck. She was thinking over her plans for what seemed like quite some time as her eyes roamed the deck, taking in her comrades. When Fenris appeared on deck with Scarlett, Devin watched from afar as they tied her to the mast. Well shit. That wasn't in Devin's plan. If she spilled the beans now she'd have to rethink the whole scheme.

Slipping easily through the crowd with her small frame, Devin moved closer, just as Marquet slapped the girl and turned to leave. Unsure if Scarlett saw her or not, she gave her a sympathetic look that seemed to say something like, 'hold on' or 'I'm trying'. Devin turned on her heel too, following Marquet. When he stopped, she addressed him. "Captain," she started, "I think the girl would rather die than tell us where the map is. If you let that happen then we'll never find it." She needed to combat his plan. "Maybe you should trust someone else, like myself, to get close to her in a friendly manner, and find out the map in that way?"

Devin's steel gray eyes never left his as she hoped that he would trust her enough to not harm Scarlett, at least not too badly. At this point, she was still on Scarlett's side. If she could befriend her and help her to escape this ship, the two of them together would be much better off in the long run than on this ship of so many other pirates.