Thread: Rain Song
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-22-2018, 06:47 PM

Although Hiseo felt as if he pushed them into silence himself, he felt as if his throat had grown dry, needing words to fill the air. And yet, he kept silent. After the initial hall which glistened with faint drips of water, the walls a cathedral like mix of natural cave formation and carefully hewn rock, it became obvious that someone deliberately created the cave system. Mica made silvery patterns in the walls as steps led the way under a perfect arch. From then on, the caves turned into something from out of a fairy tale. Although the sound of water and warm steam sounded from the left, Hiseo led Saya around another corner and into a grand set of rooms with paper screens and shimmering jewel strands serving as the doorways. A bedroom could be seen through one door and a massive library through another. Despite the fact that it seemed they went deep into the mountain, holes in the ceiling let in sunlight which danced through silks that served as colored windows. And through it all, flowered vines crawled up every wood and stone pole and wall, making it look more like they walked into a garden than a home.

"There are pillows..." Hiseo cleared his throat, almost stumbling over his words. "That is, sit and I will make some tea. It has been a while since someone else stepped inside my abode, but I always keep a store of tea at least. Is that fine?"