Thread: Fallen Eternity
View Single Post
wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to wickedwonderland

Old 04-22-2014, 02:38 PM

Magnus knew better than to try and hop out like he would have before. That wasn't going to work with his wings being shredded the way they were now. He looked at the sides of the pit he had created and tilted his head in thought. It shouldn't be that hard to climb out. There were a few rocks sticking out from the right side, those might give him a little leverage to get out somewhat better. It would take a little more effort than the cloud climbing he had done in heaven since he wasn't going to be able to catch himself mid air if he fell. All right, here goes nothing.

It was then that Magnus realized that the only thing covering him was a pair of short like things around his bottom half. Well at least I'm semi-decent. He took one more look at the wall and where he was going to make his first attempt and took a deep breath. He walked up to the spot he had picked and grasped the small rock that was jutting out. Using his upper body strength, he began to pull himself up, using his feet and toes to dig into the earth.

It was definitely a lot harder than he had originally thought and after a few times of falling back down into the hole, he finally managed to make his way to the top. By the time he got there he was sweating, his hair falling into his eyes. Pulling himself out of the hole for good he laid there on the ground for a moment, to try and catch his breath. Breathing calmly now, Magnus sat up slowly, very much aware if he moved the wrong way, pain would shoot down his back. He had been able to ignore it during the climb by being focused on getting out of that pit but he could feel his back throbbing again. He hoped what was left of his wings would heal sooner rather than later so that he would be able to move around much easier.

Magnus had his eyes closed at first but when he opened them all he could see was the beauty of the stars in the sky. "Wow," he breathed out. He had never seen the sky from this perspective and it blew him away with how beautiful it was. Heaven was beautiful of course but he had never thought that Earth could provide such beauty as well. It was no wonder angels who had came down here on missions spoke so well of the nature on earth. He had never paid much attention to their stories, being much more interested in his own things.

He could sense the other...fallen behind him. If he was waiting on him to fall into despair and cry his eyes out he was in for a surprise. During his fall he had come to terms with what had happened and why. There was no point in dwelling on things he couldn't change. For good or bad, he was here on Earth to stay now and that was just something he was going to have to deal with. He would be damned if he let the arrogant bastard behind him see any kind of weakness. He turned around and looked over towards the bench where the other was sitting. Magnus pushed his hair out of his eyes, revealing that they were a bright red. That in itself was truly unusual, that color usually being reserved for demons. He was well aware of the fact and had gotten used to ignoring the hushed comments that had followed him everywhere in heaven.

"I'm sure you don't want to be stuck with me forever so if you could just show me where to get some clothes I'll get out of your hair."