Thread: Fallen Eternity
View Single Post
wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to wickedwonderland

Old 05-02-2014, 03:58 AM

Magnus felt a sense of relief wash over him when Ford told him the water wouldn't hurt, at least not too bad. He looked at Ford curiously when he mentioned he still had one wing. If he tilted his head just right he could see a faint glow. That was probably the grace going into effect that Ford had mentioned.

"Well that's good. At least I won't have to worry about standing out and causing an uproar. How exactly do you turn it on?Wait....nevermind. Let's go do the water thing before I start asking too many questions." Magnus had heard Ford say that he would never fly again and a feeling of emptiness settled over him like an old blanket. He really hadn't had much time to think about that since he had landed. There was getting out of the hole he had made and then being consumed with his surroundings and he just hadn't really thought about it yet.

All this had hit him when he started to follow Ford around to the back of the house and by the time he got to where Ford wanted him to stand, he knew some of the bleakness was showing in his face. He hated that the other Fallen was able to see his expression and he quickly turned around, hoping that he hadn't seen. It was bad enough that he felt this way, but to have the other see what he was feeling, felt like it would just be too much and he would break down. I can break down later, when I'm by myself. Keep it together Magnus, you can do this, you have to.

Trying to think of anything other than the despair that threatened to whell up inside of him, he focused on, of all things, the way Ford walked. It was an odd thing to be thinking of the way he walked but there was something familiar about the way he walked. Like he would have known that walk anywhere but it was like the reason was buried somewhere he couldn't reach just yet. Maybe if he gave it some time, it would come to him.