View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:58 AM

His eyes locked onto her for the moment, Kiernan quirked one of his eyebrows at her as confusion came to her features. So she hadn't actually been aware that she'd left herself uncloaked this morning. As she patted her head, a small grin lead its way up along his lips. It looked silly in a way, but he didn't wish to embarrass her, so he didn't allow himself to say anything else on the subject. Instead, drawing his gaze back to his map thoughtfully, he instead tried to cover his smile. A part of him wished that she didn't need the cover of the hood, but she surely stood out like a sore thumb otherwise, and in these parts that meant people of all sorts could mean her harm. Kiernan felt his fist curl itself onto the table, uncomfortable at the thought of any of the onlookers meaning her any harm. How dare they...

After a moment of his fist clenching, he noticed it, eyes flickering down to his hand before he quickly allowed it to go limp and slid it under the table as if ashamed. He had no reason to act that childishly, there was a reason he was to accompany her-- and that was all he was to do. Scratching the back of his neck with his other hand, he cleared his throat a little after she asked her question. "Austaros? Well, I'm no native, but I have been in and out of towns quite a few times before. I suppose I do know a few things of the kingdom." He spoke thoughtfully, thinking of what may be important of the place. "It's relatively small, compared to others in the region. It is small and humble, with a sort of central layout."

Pointing to the center of the kingdom on the map, where a large dot lay, he explained, "This is the kingdom's center, the largest town, Erengard. All royalty dwell within it or somewhere nearby, and there is the largest number of people living there. There are markets, magic schools, training for soldiers, goods from other kingdoms... The rest of the kingdom spreads and thins out from that central point. We are out here..." He added the last bit as he shifted his finger near the border line again, tapping it there before removing his hand and gaze from the map. "The people collectively are all relatively content, and kept safe by the kingdom's soldiers. The king, from what I understand, is a noble man, loyal to the people of Austaros, but it appears that outside powers are making politics here rather tense, and the outlying districts have been facing some hardships. Draskone bandits have high activity out in these regions now, and there are rumors that it will begin to grow worse as the Draskone begin to have a stronger presence here." He spoke seriously, gaze distant as he stared down at his hands, fiddling with themselves mindlessly on the counter before him.

"As of now, that's Austaros. Small, but quaint, and magic-reliant." He summarized with a small grin, lightening the tone of his voice as he wondered if he'd actually properly explained what she wished to hear.