View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:52 PM

Her nod was enough confirmation for him that Erenguard could indeed be their destination, so he carefully etched the path to the central city that he'd just trailed on his map into his mind. Kiernan had a rather good sense of directions, so the map wouldn't be necessary while walking, if he could just remember which path they wished to take. He spent the vast majority of his time traveling nowadays, in any case, so this method was well-used by him. It kept his hands free to avoid trouble or catch food, when needed. As she finished eating and asked her question, he took a few moments to think it over. She didn't appear to be a native, yet the only people he knew of that hunted exotic beauties were bandits in the borderlands. That besides, Erenguard had people of all walks of life and many different nationalities, so he presumed it would be alright at least by that point.

"Right. That should be just fine once we're out of the borderlands, or at least out of more congested areas." He spoke in agreement, now wondering if she was anxious to do so. Kiernan hadn't thought of her wearing the hood as an obstacle, but he could see how it may be a bit annoying to at least remember. "So, soon it'll be alright." He added, one of his hands thoughtlessly reaching out to gently brush her shoulder before he turned and went to speak to the barmaid for a few moments, handing her their room key. He returned to her swiftly, however, and was greeted by her question. Thinking over it briefly for a moment, Kiernan nodded knowingly. "Shilf, yes, a smaller village." He spoke thoughtfully, then sent her a small smile. "It's not much, but I thought we may stop there at least briefly along the way. I... have a small home, there." He added almost sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head. What is there to be shy about? Get it together!

Clearing his throat, he shook his head briefly before turning to look at the door. "If you are comfortable with the idea, we may be able to procure some horses... Walking all the way to the interior would probably not be the most pleasant journey." He suggested, eyes wandering briefly around the tavern in curiosity. Someone may just be willing to sell one or two...