View Single Post
Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Shadow and Ice.
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 02-18-2014, 10:22 AM

"thank you, I think he would take it better from you then some lowly wardrobe man that was just hired." In fact what he knew of the Don's they would more trust their talents that they had just acquired, then they would trust one of their workers that had been working that job for many years. He had seen enough men fired because a love affair had died badly and the lady talent did not want to have to see him any more around her. more men in show business had been lost in the drink because of this then because of the love of the drink itself. as long as they had two coins to rub together the bartender would pour them another until they were so drunk they did not know what was happening to them. He had even heard that there were still places on the West coast that you could get pressed ganged into working on a ship bound for hong kong and Shanghai.

as he helped Amory dress he watched Amory from the corner of his eyes trying not to make Amory feel like he was being watched and judged by this man who was new to the place and pushing his way into the his room. he wanted to make Amory's live so much easier then it had been all his life. "I hope you not to uncomfortable with me helping you dress. I just feel that with my help I can see what you can not." reaching out he straitened his vest in the back before helping him into the jacket. "because of one thing or another. I once worked as a valet but was let go because one in the family claimed I had been stealing." neatening his jacket seams he smiled at Amory. now let him believe that was why he acted the way he did, it was true he had worked as a valet, yet that had only been for one night and it had been the means to an end. gently turning him around he neatened the rest of the suit after Amory had adjusted and slipped the tie up around his neck. it was only seconds and his hand the tie done up in a full Windsor knot. "that looks very fitting for a man of your voice, no one will be paying attention to their husbands now." smiling he dusted off Amory's shoulders to remove any lint that might have appeared there.

"things in this business like that don's death?" he shivered in fake disgust and fear. "its been some time since something nasty like that has been on the front paper." furring his brow Sam thought over what the last time there had been anything big like this in the papers. "why its been a few years now. last big hit was before the Don's agreed to that big sit down three years back." pulling out a hanky from his pocket he wiped off the soot onto the handkerchief so it did not get on the gray suit. noticing Amory reaction he smiled. "sorry you had a bit of soot on your face that needed to be cleaned away, I probable should have just told you."

Taking up the brush, comb and Palmaide Sam quickly set to work on styling his hair up, Palmaide was a new product that had been hitting the night clubs for singers to keep their hair perfect with out it getting in the way. "now I don't know if you have used this before, you will need to wash it out with a good strong soap if you don't want it in tomorrow, Yet" holding up his hands to stall Amory from making a comment. "all you need is a touch of heat and this will become as supple as when I put it in and you can redo the hair style or do a new one." having taken a palm full of the stuff he slowly worked it in his hands to warm it up enough that it would go in the hair with no problem. He commonly used this stuff when he wanted to move about places without having his hair in his eyes but at this moment he had nothing in his hair. Stepping between Amory and the mirror he got to work. after a few moments he finished working and smiled. "that looks dashing. if you dont like it I can always work it into a different look it will just take a bit of time." stepping behind him he layed his hands on his shoulder and looked at him though the mirror. "well what do you think?"