View Single Post
Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 05-14-2018, 07:55 AM

It depends on how much I won really. 1 Million isn't the same as in was the 90s. Not at all good enough to retire any more :( My plans would change depending on how much I won. To make it last let's think. . .

If I won 1,000,000:

For others:

100K for my kiddo, for investing. I already got stuff for her school, so I'd like to see where she'd put it towards.
100K to mom and dad > 300K
25K to my sis. Enough for a down payment on a home...but I some how know it'll be spent on anime figures. > 375k
10k to my Nephew / Enough for a year of a technical or trade school. > 385k
250K to various Charities/including my old school > 635k (Give more than ya get in this life, it's important regardless of if you're religion on not!)

For me:

Hmm 365K left for me. . . This is not enough to have a "nice place" and move out of my family home, but investing wise, it's not to shabby.

I would buy a fancy mobile home and paint it a flashy glossy/sparkly midnight to icy blue fade with my art logo/website branded to the side of it. (car + house + self promo in one? BARGAIN!) XD 80-150K > 715-785

Pay for BFs class license (He never went in for trucking even though it's a better job than security *sigh*) because daddy raised me old school and I don't feel like I should ever drive with how bad my vision is. (I think it's about 10K in my province? If I remember correctly) 725-795 K

Basically I'd set up my traveling art gypsy business with no true risk to myself if I fail. :D Using the remaining 275- 205k to live off via an aggressive investments and savings plan.

Some of my investments would be:
  • Life time of rice for 4 people (So if I never have a "real" house and always live in my RV at least I won't starve)
  • A sexy new tablet I can do art directly on. A few servers for reasons.
  • Silver, gold and quartz. Quartz also for reasons. ;)
  • Company wise: Anything connected to Elon Musk, Phil Defranco or Blizzard Devs.

I would go harder with the plans I already have and then go with the flow of my creative whims. Camp out by Conventions, meet fellow fans then drive out to some gorgeous forested areas to work on my stuff and camp out under the stars with my bf. *dreams* it would be a good life.

Also I'd naturally tour Canada. And if/when my business takes off consider having another baby via adoption or finding a pretty sister wife that also lets me touch her bewbs. <3 Unicorns exist if you believe!

If I won 50 Million:

Basically the same as 1 million, I'd still want to have my travel RV/Art studio/home away from home. However things could be done on larger scale and I could actually buy land and travel more.

The land wouldn't strictly be my home either. I would want to create something fun for my nerdy people. A summer camp RP for adults with different themes and story lines every year. I know it sounds odd but I think it would be super fun. So my home would make me money and the property taxes wouldn't nom my fortune over time.

Again, go harder with no fears of having to go back and find a 9-5 or part time job at 60 like winning a million would.