View Single Post
Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 07-14-2013, 02:27 AM

Artifact Name: Luminesis' Crystal
Is this based on an art entry? Yes, but I haven't uploaded yet.
My Lore Entry:

Expedition Journal:

I found it! I finally found it! I knew that this artifact was not just a fairytale and I knew that the story written on the similar artifact held more truth in it than the others believed.

After days of searching, I discovered a gorgeous waterfall with a stunning spring surrounding it. Upon further investigation I learned that there was a small cave entrance hidden behind the waterfall. The opening was nearly completely covered with moss and vines, but with luck I noticed the gaps and hacked away at the vines and moss. Once inside this place was...it was amazing. That word cannot begin to describe it. The small opening turned into a huge room were strange glowing rocks hung from the ceiling, illuminating the entire cavern. I was confused and unsure of the location I discovered, but once I saw the carvings on the wall in the same language as the Native's used I was certain I was in the right place.

And then I saw it. There, delicately placed on a well preserved statue in the hand of who I could only assume to me Luminesis, was the crystal. It is the most glorious discovery I have ever made. I almost didn't want to remove it from its holder, but I felt the world needed to see such wonder. Upon touching the crystal I knew of its power, its greatness. Perhaps the world need not to know of it.. I hid the crystal in my pocket, for it was no wider than a banana and no taller than a can. It felt warm, cool, wet, dry - all at the same time. The outline of the crystal also radiates with a cool blue light that when placed in my hand, the light is so unique, so radiant that I can see the outline of every bone in my hand.

But that isn't the most amazing part. Once I touched this crystal, I gained the knowledge of its previous owner. I saw through his eyes, learned of his leadership, saw it.. I experienced it. This crystal holds such immense power that no one, but me, could ever understand now. This crystal shares the thoughts and the memories of the previous owners. It also gives me immortality while I possess it. If the crystal were to be removed from my possession, it would call to me and find me on its own. This power I do not understand. Luminesis didn't understand this either. This crystal is mine... Mine alone. No one else can know the existence of it. No One..

I told the others of the cavern, but not of the crystal. Once I leave this island, I will never part with this crystal. I will wear it as necklace, perhaps. I have called it, Luminesis' Crystal"