View Single Post
AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 10-31-2013, 02:31 AM

It was a tasty mess, and nope. Not a real baker till something messes up. I've had other mistakes with baking. Made cheesecake with out springform pans, had one with sugar in the graham cracker crust, and the other had brown sugar. Which it had actually affected the flavor of even the batter, that was surprising. I'm always getting coated in flour, I've had issues with trying to make my own home-made frosting with powdered sugar.

But I think what I am going to do, and I'll be trying to get it together tomorrow, on Halloween of all days, and making two batches of cheesecake. One that is going to include sour cream, and one that won't have it in. Both will have the pumpkin spice emulsion, some vanilla, sugar, an egg at least, and one 8oz pkg of cream cheese. I want to see how the texture and flavor will differ with the use, or nix, of sour cream. I find so many recipes that call for sour cream, or just as many that don't call for it. Each recipe I've found changes, and its frustrating. So I'm just going to find a basic simple recipe, and then reconstruct it my way.

Experimentation in the kitchen is good. As long as things don't explode. Explosions are awesome, but not in the home.