View Single Post
Stellar Delusion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-03-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Creep View Post
Yeah. I've had something like that I've also seen a lot of plot-lines for a roleplay that are like "There is a beautiful and kind princess and all of the guys in the kingdom want to marry her, so they've come together to compete for her affections..." And then the whole roleplay is just all the guys are competing for the only female, who is almost always the creator of the roleplay as well.
While I have to echo the sentiments of the last two posts - seriously, guys, look, I happen to exist and I do not appreciate being told that in your escapist fantasy, I can't - I find it absolutely HILARIOUS when it pops up for this reason.

"Wait guys what are you doing? NO YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BONDING YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT OVER ME! FIGHT OVER ME DAMMIT! YOU'RE RUINING EVERYTHING! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ALL! ABOUT! MEEE!!11"

I never join RPs with that rule because...you know what? My characters are people. I don't know all the details about them when I start. I know what's necessary to begin fleshing them out and the rest kinda falls into place. And sometimes in the course of human life, someone falls in love with someone of the same gender. Even if they never expected to! Even if they'd always liked the opposite sex until then! Don't limit the path of my character's life for no readily apparent reason.

And don't erase people like me just because you think we're icky (...it's not like you're gonna see what we're doing in bed, I mean seriously, and if you're thinking about that anyway then I kinda have to wonder if you're not hiding something from yourself...) or to make the place more welcoming to bigots. They're the ones you should be shutting out, not us.

Last edited by Stellar Delusion; 11-19-2012 at 09:17 AM..