View Single Post
Euphonium Panda
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-19-2015, 02:50 PM

Anke looked slightly hurt when the jackal squirmed out of her hold, but went right with it to Roy's shoulder. She pet it, staring at the markings along her left arm, forgetting that anyone else except the jackal and her existed at the moment. They were calm and swirling, almost moving from the looks of it, then it hit her. She wondered if anyone else had the same markings, since none seemed as visible as hers. "Do any of you have something like this?" She said, holding her arm out to show them what she was talking about. She could have sworn it moved every time it hit the shadows, but knew that wasn't possible. "When I woke up this morning, there was an extremely bright light that took over my entire sleeping area, I thought I would be caught immediately it was so bright. Then this thing showed up," She moved her right leg slightly to indicate the somewhat useless looking sword. "Then I heard this lullaby, it was so peaceful..." She let herself remember the tune, and how it spoke of strength and caring. "It told me to come here and to find Seran. I also noticed that my arm felt strange, and these markings were all over it before they burned into my skin."

When she had finished letting them know what had happened, she looked at them expectantly. She hoped so desperately that it could be the thing that tied them together, getting everything to make sense. If they had markings too, she would know for sure that she was in the right place, and she was meant to be here with all of these people. Although she had had a frightening time so far, she was getting used to the idea of working with others now. They were much louder than she was, but there always needs to be the one who can stay quiet in some situations. She let that sink in as she moved back to petting the jackal, letting them respond before she would speak again.

Without thinking, she let her left hand fall on the bamboo sword, and watched as the scar-like markings began to move violently. They seemed to desire the sword, but couldn't find their way onto it. She watched it, dazed and slightly out of it, as the swirls moved around her arm, desperately flowing in an attempt to reach the hilt. Finally she snatched her hand away and looked around, wondering if anyone else had seen what she saw. She continued to pet the jackal again, giving it more attention than the boy it had chosen to rest on, or the other two who were with them. She found comfort in the animal. She watched her panda stay with Caden and Inara, trying to determine why it trusted Caden without feeling comfortable around him.

She could tell how he felt, they had been close for so long now, and she knew exactly what he meant. When she had shifted into Roy, her view of Caden had seemed different. It was because Caden and Roy were different, but she couldn't find the reasons why. Finally, the panda shoved it's head into Inara's hand, easily reaching half of her height as it stood on all fours. It liked her, and that made Anke uneasy. If the panda trusted Inara, then she had to be good. However, if anything changed, he would still trust her if she was nice to him, and he wouldn't be able to warn of danger involving her because he'd be too happy to see her. Anke let this thought move aside, she trusted Inara as well.