View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-23-2014, 12:09 PM

"Just give him fair warning." Bran didn't seem too bothered by the cat's behavior. She was a little skittish around new people. "Frankie is frightened of strangers, and she'll tear you up if you startle her too much. Don't worry, though--she'll get used to you in time. Pistachio's just wary of you right now, but he'll warm up to you eventually. He's, uh...a big gray cat with long hair. A Nebelung. And, uh...then there's Spaghetti. He's a big red Norwegian Forest Cat with long hair. Don't even try to get close to Spaghetti, regardless of how handsome he is. He's a monster. He's practically feral. The only one that interacts with him on a regular basis is Edgar. Hell, we barely even see the big guy."

As time went on, Bran would be happy to show the brothers his other pets, as well. For as long as he could remember, he had always adored animals. He couldn't imagine living in a place that wouldn't allow animals, which was the reason why they chose to look for a suitable apartment rather than stay in the university dormitories in the first place. They searched for a long time before they found this place--most apartments didn't allow animals, or they had a limit on how many animals you could have. This was the only place in town that had no such limit.

While Matthew disappeared into the room, Bran made his way downstairs, and only seconds later the brothers could be heard and seen conversing in the smaller living room downstairs. Standing side by side, it was hard not to see the similarities between the brothers. It was obvious. They weren't just brothers. They were twins. They were the exact same height, skin tone, and build. They also had the same icy blue eyes and angular facial structures. Somehow, they looked so starkly different from one another...and yet, they still looked the same.

Was it possible that they were identical twins? If that was the case, one of them had their hair dyed.

When Matthew finally headed downstairs, Edgar was the one who spotted him first. Which was strange, really...Bran was the one facing the stairs. "Thank you." Edgar took a seat on the sofa, rummaging through his messenger bag. He and Bran had the same messenger bags, just in different colors. Bran's was black and Edgar's was red. "So..." Bran shifted his weight from one leg to the other. "I was just breaching the topic of a movie night." "I prefer horror movies above all else," the blonde declared, confirming everything his dark-haired brother claimed. "But...I dislike movies that center around demonic exorcism. The topic is so overdone. It's been beaten to death."

For some reason, it sounded like that wasn't the only reason why Edgar disliked exorcism movies...but neither brother cared to elaborate on the subject.

"There's a pretty good selection on Netflix," Bran piped up after a moment of silence. "I suggest watching a movie called Dead Silence first," Edgar murmured a second later. "It's fantastic. But first..." He rose from his seat, a planner book and a notebook in hand. "I'll drop my things off in my room. And then I will prepare some simple snacks." Without another word, the blonde made a beeline for the stairs. Once he was out of sight, Bran rubbed the back of his neck, looking sheepish. "I'm sorry if he seems a little picky and standoffish. That's just his personality."