View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-28-2014, 12:49 AM

Bran and Edgar tactfully steered most conversations away from their home life, but their situation was different from that of the average family. Their parents refused to stay together for their children, something both Bran and Edgar felt was the right choice even during their younger years. Their parents did nothing but fight when they were together--everyone was happier once they went their separate ways. They both abandoned home the moment they turned eighteen. They severed ties with their mother, but kept an open line of communication with their father. It wasn't out of love, though. They remained on good terms with him to make use of his money.

And that wasn't out of pure selfishness, either. During these tough times, when neither of them made too much money, they needed that extra income. Student loans weren't exactly cheap or easy to pay off.

"Are you sure about that?" For a brief moment, Bran's bottom lip stuck out farther than it usually did. The movement accentuated the piercings in his lower lip. "Oh. That's a shame. Bravery is very attractive in a man." He wasn't exactly flirting with Matthew so much as he was stating what he felt as being the truth. The more time the brothers spent around Bran, they would surely come to realize why he had such an infamous reputation as a heartbreaker around the campus. He was completely oblivious to subtle flirtation, something many girls utilized. As well, he could come off as being extremely flirtatious when he was just being friendly. People who wanted to flirt with Bran had to be painfully direct.

If such blunt flirtation led to physical relations, that was fine. He was no stranger to one-night stands. But rarely did those one-night stands lead to much more.

"Ah, none for me..." A sheepish smile stretched across Bran's face. "I don't mean any offense, but...I don't really care for the taste of coffee. I've tried lots of different combinations. I just don't like the core taste of coffee. I don't like hot drinks all that much, either." Edgar hummed, carefully laying out different ingredients on a baking tray. "I've tried fixing him many concoctions, as well. It's the taste of coffee itself that turns him off."

So...what Bran needed was iced coffee that absolutely did not taste like coffee. A daunting task. But was Matthew up to the challenge?

Just a few moments later, Edgar turned around, a tray of what looked like homemade ice cream sandwiches clutched in his hands. "The snacks are ready. Shall we proceed?" The blonde's manner of speaking was...peculiar. Sometimes informal, sometimes painstakingly formal. A weird mix, for sure.