View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 11-06-2014, 07:30 AM

As Edgar bustled about the kitchen, he seemed to focus wholly on his work, disregarding everyone and everything around him. For those who didn't know him well, that's what it looked like, anyway. As their new housemates would surely find out in the coming days, partially due to his as-of-yet-undisclosed mental illness Edgar was extremely anal, shockingly petty, and undeniably quirky. He had a laundry list of pet peeves. People loitering about in the kitchen while he was working with food was one of those pet peeves. Bran almost moved to stop Matthew when the other male invaded his power keg of a twin's space, but decided not to, instead folding his arms across his chest and studying the interaction carefully.

Just as Bran feared, Edgar gave an involuntary roll of his shoulders and the muscles in his arms flexed several times. He seemed irked, and he kept a watchful eye on Matthew as the other went about his own business with the coffee ingredients...but for now, the persnickety blonde kept his big mouth shut, something Bran was thankful for. Edgar was born with a very, very mild case of Asperger's Syndrome, and it was often difficult for him to get along with and tolerate other people, especially if they did something that rubbed him the wrong way. At least the blonde was making an admirable effort at being tolerant.

Once they were both finished working in the kitchen, Bran pursed his lips, eyeing up the tray holding the mugs of coffee. Already, he could smell the vile stuff--it tickled his nostrils, and his nose wrinkled up like that of a tiny bunny rabbit's. "I'll try it." A hint of amusement flashed in his eyes. "But I won't make any guarantees. That stuff just doesn't appeal to me." If he couldn't stomach it, then he couldn't stomach it. Edgar would finish it if he couldn't.

"I'll grab an energy drink just in case I don't like the one you prepared." Bran sauntered straight into the kitchen, swinging the refrigerator door open. Edgar fixed his brother with a flat stare as he went digging through the contents, eventually unearthing a huge can of Monster Energy. When Bran emerged, he was about to slam the door shut when he caught his brother's icy stare. A sheepish grin split across his face and he shut the door as gently as possible.

"I will be fine with just the coffee." Edgar turned on his heel, carefully balancing the tray in his hands. He scaled the stairs quickly. Bran followed along after him, energy drink in hand. "I'm ready for some movies!" He sounded excited, much like a kid in a candy store. "I haven't had a good movie night in a while! Been too busy with school and work."