View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 11-12-2014, 04:13 AM

Bran stopped in his tracks when Matthew spoke. He was about halfway up the stairs when he stopped, and he peered over his shoulder, a mischievous sort of expression on his face. "To be completely honest...I'm surprised that he didn't sock you. Or curse you out, at the very least." The dark-haired male started to turn back around...but then he paused again, turning only slightly and fixing the other man with a sideways stare.

"Since he's out of earshot...I'm gonna warn you right now. Better sooner than later." Bran seemed uncomfortable. Uneasy. He kept shooting hesitant glances toward the second floor--probably keeping an eye out for his blonde twin. "Ed's, uh...he's...not totally right in the head. Sure, he's a genius...but he's got mental problems. He's got a mild case of Asperger's Syndrome, and he's got OCD. He's, uh...also schizophrenic. It fluctuates between moderate to severe. Sometimes he'll talk to people that aren't there. See things that aren't there. Believe things that aren't true. Some of his past therapists thought he might have multiple personalities, too. He's not dangerous, by any means...but he can be a little much to handle, especially for people who aren't used to serious mental illness."

He pivoted, heading straight up the stairs. "Just don't piss him off and there won't be any problems." That wasn't entirely true...people with schizophrenia often suffered from horrid hallucinations. Edgar could easily mistake a gesture of kindness for an attack under the right conditions, if he truly was schizophrenic.

But...he seemed so stable...

There was a bounce in Bran's step as he finally reached the top of the stairs. Evidently, the topic of his beloved brother's distorted mental state was a sore one, indeed. The two of them never mentioned anything about their family...perhaps Edgar was the only person Bran truly had, and vice-versa. "Edgar's classes have already started. He's taking a lot of extra stuff. I have an online course that started a couple of days ago. My boss always runs me ragged with long hours before school actually starts, so I always come home exhausted."

Upstairs in the second living room, Edgar was already browsing Netflix for suitable movies. He seemed intent on watching Dead Silence, one of his favorites, first. Even though Bran's brief pause to explain things to Matthew hadn't taken very long, the blonde still seemed impatient and antsy, and he squinted suspiciously when the two finally materialized. Sharp as ever. Bran never could hide much from his observant brother.