View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-13-2015, 07:57 AM

"Cats are astounding animals." Edgar managed to crack a small smile as he started searing the second piece of meat, which looked like a slab of turkey. "Intelligent and independent. They only share their worlds with people they deem deserving of such an honor. They do not love blindly. I admire that." ...Something seemed a bit off with the way he was speaking, too. He spoke formally before...but now the formality in his words was almost stifling.

The cats either didn't notice this sudden change in behavior, or they didn't care. Which hinted that they must have been used to it by now. The tiny she-cat did squint suspiciously at her blonde master for a moment...and then she brightened up considerably, trotting straight into the kitchen and hopping up onto the kitchen island behind Edgar. The gray cat hesitated, but eventually trailed after her, leaping up as well. His long hair brushed against the counter, snagging on things and getting caught. Edgar could clearly hear them moving around--he even turned back to raise an eyebrow at them--but he didn't do anything to stop them.

Wasn't this man obsessive about keeping everything tidy and in place? There was no way he couldn't see that the gray cat was leaving bits of fur everywhere...

As if he wasn't already behaving strangely enough, he paid no mind to Yuuichi when the other invaded his space. He could hear him rifling around in the fridge, but apparently didn't care. The tall blonde must have felt the other male staring at him, though, because he spared him a slightly amused glance. He knew he was good-looking, just like Bran. Girls tended to stare at them both whenever they ventured into a public place.

Yuuichi's words made the lithe male momentarily pause in his cooking, and his eyebrows furrowed...but this time, he didn't look at the other. He was catching on. "Different?" He sounded surprised...but for some reason, he didn't look surprised at all. "Different how? ...Well..." he glanced downward. "I did change clothes. And I am quite tired. Perhaps that is it?"

Edgar instantly latched on to the new topic, getting back to cooking. "Go on. As long as you ask for my permission beforehand, I will allow you to share my space." He slid the cooked turkey slice off of the pan and onto the plate with the cut of steak, and after that he quickly turned the stove off. Edgar occupied himself with divvying up the two meats into separate portions and adding them to half-filled bowls. He made sure his cats had hearty dinners with healthy ingredients.

Something was definitely shady here...