View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-14-2015, 06:03 AM

"He adores me," Edgar replied simply, watching his cats carefully. He had to make sure that he was there to rush in if Spaghetti finished first. That ginger tom was an aggressive glutton, and he would immediately try to devour the other cats' food if Edgar wasn't there to stop him. "He always has. He was initially feral and lived in a junkyard, but he took a liking to me and I decided to bring him home." And give the filthy junkyard cat a bath. That wasn't a fun experience in the slightest.

The blonde leaned forward slightly. Just as he predicted, Spaghetti was in the process of sucking up that food like the highest-quality Dyson vacuum. He had to move quickly if he did finish first. Edgar glanced briefly at Yuuichi when he spoke, but immediately turned his gaze back on the cats. "We watched a horror thriller that involved dolls. Bran despises dolls, and he just could not bring himself to lie down afterward. He decided to leave for a while with Chaos and ride around on his motorcycle to clear his mind. I believe your brother left shortly afterward to do the same thing."

His voice took on a rather amused tone. Oh, yeah...he'd already caught on that Matthew was the biggest of wussies when it came to scary things, and he'd definitely be using that to his advantage.

Just moments after Yuuichi took a seat at the island counter, the hefty cat Spaghetti finished his food. Edgar raced forward like a bat out of hell, but the reason why quickly made itself known--Spaghetti towered intimidatingly over the long-haired gray cat and his half-eaten bowl of goodies, who arched his back defensively and hissed, preparing for a showdown. Before Spaghetti could strike, Edgar snatched him up. The angry tom yowled his displeasure, struggling wildly in his grasp for a couple of seconds. When he finally did calm down, a low, unpleasant noise escaped him, like a spoiled child grumbling because he didn't get that new toy he wanted so badly.

"You are such a brat." Edgar rolled his eyes at the cat's antics...and the cat actually looked annoyed by his words, almost as if...he could understand him. The gray-haired cat seemed wildly amused, too. The cats could understand him when he spoke. Humming to himself, the handsome blonde strode across the living room to deposit Spaghetti safely on the cat tree once more.

"Oh?" Unlike before, when Edgar seemed pleased that someone liked his food, he sounded almost indifferent now. "Thank you. I do my best." This...was strange. At some points, he seemed so similar to his old self, at at other points, he was a completely different person!

Just after he spoke, heavy footsteps lumbered down the stairs. Bacon the chubby Corgi raced downstairs, heaving from the effort it took, and bolted straight to where Yuuichi was eating, wiggling his tailless rear end and attempting to look as adorable as possible. From his cat tree, Spaghetti hissed out his displeasure. He must not have liked that dog. "Oh, no." Edgar rolled his eyes. "Here comes trouble. I implore you, please do not give him too many scraps. He is on a strict diet. He needs to lose weight." Bacon raced around the kitchen island to peer at Edgar, looking offended, and then raced immediately back to Yuuichi, putting on his best and cutest dopey face.

He could understand Edgar, too.