View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-14-2015, 08:21 AM

"He was ill, and nothing but skin and bones. I adore animals. I had been feeding him for upwards of a month before I finally took him in. I could not just simply allow him to perish out there, alone in the junkyard." Why was his speech so painfully formal? He seemed incapable of using contractions in his words when before he used them freely. "All of our animals are misfits, and they were rescued and spared a terrible fate."

Edgar jerked his head in the direction of the other two cats, the long-haired gray tom and the patchwork calico she-cat. "Pistachio here--that is the gray cat--came to us from an unknown location. He materialized on our doorstep while we were suffering through the tail end of a hurricane in our hometown. We let him in, and he has been here ever since. We found Frankenstein in our hometown, as well. Someone must have thrown her out of a higher-story window, because her two front legs were shattered. She is perfectly healthy now, of course."

The blonde stood on his tip-toes so that he could see Bacon, who seemed disappointed that Yuuichi wasn't going to pass him some delicious table scraps. "Bacon came to us from a hoarding situation. A woman in our hometown lived with more than fifty Pembroke Welsh Corgis. Bacon was only a puppy at the time. We adopted him from the local SPCA. As for the dog that belongs to Bran..." Edgar sighed, stretching his arms up and behind his head. He didn't appear to be mentally tired...but perhaps he was physically exhausted. "Chaos was born and bred to become a fighting dog. Bran was the one who rescued him, and he never did share the details of the rescue...so perhaps you would be better off asking him."

After dishing out the details on their furry companions, Edgar leaned back more against the counter, watching the eating cats carefully. It didn't take very long for Pistachio to finish--the gray cat hopped off of the counter and made a beeline for the stairs. Frankenstein took a while longer to finish, but she lingered, giving herself a decent tongue bath. She was by far the friendliest of the three cats. Edgar stepped forward, pausing to scratch the lingering she-cat behind the ears, and snatched up the three bowls, heading straight for the sink. "He overeats, and he is lazy." he explained idly as he began scrubbing the bowls. "Bran also feeds him table scraps."

The blonde Royce brother stacked the bowls together and put them away, up in one of the higher cabinets. "There are snack foods in the refrigerator and the lower cabinets, if you are still hungry after finishing." Yet again, almost awkwardly formal. "I am going to head upstairs and perhaps play a video game. I will use my headset, so I do not disturb you if you are planning on sleeping."

With a polite nod, Edgar excused himself, scaling the stairs silently. Only an irate Spaghetti, all curled up on the cat tree, a desperately begging Bacon, and the she-cat Frankenstein remained now. She outright ignored Yuuichi, too intent on licking her paws clean. Bran mentioned before that their cats were elusive and not always fond of human contact...so it was probably best not to disturb her. Bacon tried every begging tactic in the book. He tried to look as dopey as possible. Then he panted and pounded his front feet on the floor. After that, he ran around in quick circles, snorting like a pig. Once he finished with that, the Corgi just sat there, totally quiet, and stared profusely at Yuuichi.

Oh, yes. He was a master at begging.