Thread: Heat & Rust
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-15-2018, 12:03 AM

The man behind the desk was surprisingly young for the office he held, sporting a slick curled mustache and bright blue eyes. "Yes, come in. Thank you Ava, please shut the door behind." A second later, the door closed, leaving just Erwan and Hayden standing in front of the section leader. "So, did you find the rebel dragon rider?" Despite his soft voice and the relaxed posture, the other man never blinked as he looked at the two in front of him. As Erwan expected, it wouldn't do to lie obviously to this man. Rather, they needed to hurry with their reports before anything important spilled.

"Ah...yes," Erwan murmured, meeting the section leader's gaze with his one good eye. He too did not blink or try to hide his gaze. "We did come upon the rebel rider, but a female dragon went into heat nearby and things became....complicated after that..." He swallowed once, maintaining his confidence although other emotions lurked inside. "We never got the chance to talk and learned nothing of the rebel base or the whereabouts of others, if any. The only information I have is that he and the dragon are a properly bonded pair."

Humming to himself, the section leader regarded Erwan and Hayden with interest. Curiosity took the forefront, though he didn't quite appear done with them either. "I see. I would like to hear every detail you recall, however. What of the dragon? What type were they? And the rider was male? We must have more information before we take action!"

Erwan's lips dipped into a faint frown. "I thought this was a mission of diplomacy and mending relations before action must be taken," he added lightly.

The section chief waved his hand in dismissal. "Of course, of course. I never said it wasn't. But still, I need more!"