View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-14-2017, 09:40 PM

The day arrived like any other. Gaetano pushed aside his sketches to reach the tray of bread behind them. He wore his shirt sleeves unbuttoned up to the elbow and paced around his room in nothing but his trousers and that shirt. And why shouldn't he? Just because others labeled him with the word 'maestro' didn't mean he need follow the path of one. Truthfully, Gaetano didn't care, so when he saw the carriage riding up the path, he cringed just a little more inside. Today, his apprentice came. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't push this one away and that was their loss really. Gaetano teach? It would be a nightmare.

Sighing, he turned away from the window before the carriage stopped and its occupants could dash out into his view. He didn't want to see right now. "I've been utterly beat haven't I?" He sighed again before biting off a portion of the bread and leaving crumbs mixed in with the charcoal. "Guess I should go meet him..."

Not bothering to straighten his appearance more than a shift to his trousers, he walked toward the stairs and the commotion going on below. He didn't bother to step into it. Instead, he watched with his arms crossed and his back leaned against the wall. Below, he watched one of the staff lead a youth past, chattering all the way. Gaetano's eyes narrowed. That was his apprentice? They looked like a grown adult! Huffing to himself, he turned away again in order to relax in his library. At the very least, the situation peeked his interest. At the most, his guile. Dinner would definitely be worth attending. Eyeing the antique wooden clock set on the table, he grinned. And the few hours until then, he awaited gladly.