View Single Post
Staria
\(@O@)/

Penpal

Old 06-23-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Adela Talonn
"In a heartbeat my sweet little bird." She responded as she glanced towards the woman with a slight raised eyebrow. The fact someone could seem so innocent growing up in their world, it always surprised her no matter how often she saw it. For a moment her gaze seemed slightly less intense as she couldn't help but be reminded of someone she knew long ago. Another who had been too innocent to live in the therian world where dining on a family's flesh for power was frowned upon but not exactly unheard of for a reason. oh well, those two were gone and now only therian pawns or food for power such as this arrogant honeyed prince remained. Adela would never allow herself to be weak like that, not again.

"A letter found it's way to me this summer, I think he expected it to scare me and for... capturing my heart to be easy once we were away from court." She said simply as she smiled softly. Of course to most it would seem a rather random comment but any of her therian pawns such as Lune would know better. She had been expecting something so there was already plans and preparation in place since the letter had arrived. She would not allow such a warning to go without it's use, it wasn't her nature. She took every opportunity given and turned every intimidation back onto those who attempted it. Her followers depended on this calculating nature to protect them even more then they feared it.

Assured that Lune would likely know she was alright now she was aware of the entrance of one of the fox races to join the one who had been playing in fox form. She glanced at the two out of the corner of her eyes, simply to check if they were going to fight. It was not unusual for the race of light and the race of dark to find themselves at opposing ends. They seemed calm enough, with just a little bit of negative temperament and a little false bouncing around. Two lonely souls doing their best to pretend otherwise, one through unpleasantness and another with energy. Oh well, that was common in a school such as this were people often left broken homes and lives behind to put on a fake smile and learn. Nothing that she had to worry about for now, she simply needed to wait to see if the prince would show himself. She was sure he would likely be waiting to see if she would be afraid and take advantage of it. Foolish, when she was genuinely afraid of something she was simply all the more interested in killing it, not running from it!

Quote:
Instructor Ciela Hope
"Instinct... natural enemies..... so many races use those terms but as long as we have reason we have choice, this school exists to teach that above all else. As long as we keep on about instinct and enemies nothing will change even if the fighting stops." She responded in a tired tone, as if she'd heard it from many. She had in fact, so many pure blood parents going on about as a fear about the school or an excuse for their child's behavior when rules were attempted to be disobeyed. It was time to shake off their ancestors commands and live their lives on their own choices. Of course, some would call that a naive dream and had. Oh well, she had other things she needed to straighten out as it seemed he was uncertain. Her dear friend, he was kind even if sometimes she wasn't sure they'd ever agree on the issues of instinct and choice.

She started to say something but he was touching her hair. For a moment she leaned back into her chair and her eyes fluttered closed out of sheer exhaustion. She did not pamper herself so it was nice to be pampered. The beginning of the school year, however, was not a time she really could pamper herself anyway. Still, she couldn't bring herself to do anything to stop him. She could only shiver as he leaned close and her eyes fluttered open. She flushed faintly at the kiss but dismissed it as his usual flirting so simply cleared her throat. She was going to clear up some things wasn't she? Oh yes, back to that.

"I don't really favor her. They are all events that were already held and planned on before her arrival, she simply saves on me having to do so and gives the students a feeling of involvement. It fosters student friendship more then feeling they are doing it because Ms. Hope is forcing them too." She explained softly, a chuckle escaping her. For a moment the mischief he had known in her as a girl would be visible and the ice mask around everyone else slipped. She could easily have explained to Aruzhan that the events the cat held were already planned but she didn't. She could have explained that the plan had always been to eventually get a student council to handle the events once she felt the students were ready to work together but she didn't do that either. She knew a teenage girl's heart well enough to know that it just felt better to think she was getting away with it and would result in a much better job. She said nothing more about hanging out, it was too tempting even though she knew things were too tense at the beginning of the year to be 'safe'.

Quote:
Talka 'Tay' Aruzhan
"Short term, probably. Still, long term you eat a lot less of those then you drink of soda on a daily basis so i imagine it's better since they are a just every once and a while food. Besides you know how i love your curves." She responded with a flirtatious grin and a wink as the other woman's question brought her from her moment of thought. She really wasn't sure but it seemed logical to her. She never really worried as her kind were prone to being too thin which combined to her near constant physical activity made it so that Tay had never really done the dieting thing. She didn't really think of calories and things accordingly.

"And of course! Hope always lets me do what I want with music and I'd love that! We could do the party together then." She responded with genuine excitement as her thoughts turned to that. She always arranged some kind of entertainment and occasionally even participated. In thought she did a simple twirl on her toes, her other leg tucked close to keep from entangling herself with the other woman further as she continued prancing at the other woman's side as they made their way finally into the garden. She hoped they could hang out there for a while instead being they'd have to separate at the dorms. As she finished her random excited twirl with one arm raised and the other holding the corn snake still she would lean back towards the other woman. She wrapped her arm back over Ceri's shoulders and continued to chat, her mind already on the party.

"What type of music do you want to play? Maybe we could do a theme!" She asked with a bright smile, her blue eyes already dancing with that same energy and excitement. She hadn't done a theme party in a while, that might be fun. The last theme party she'd done was probably around Halloween. It was a costume party and the theme was something like tragic love? Crazy love? Oh she couldn't remember... but it was fun. She had dressed as romeo if she recalled, often cross dressing in her work despite her curves making her gender very clear. It definitely got people's attention!

Quote:
Iris 'Iri' Tien
"Thank you! I love finding flowers with people! You can see which flowers suit even better! Let's go! I know a place in the forest that has some wild flowers that will really suit you two. Come with me! I'll get my vases later. Do either of you have any allergies? I can change the flowers to not bother you, its one of the few things I'm good at." She said with a laugh as she gripped the hands of both. She didn't seem to be put off by Tali's air and in fact held her hand just as warmly and lovingly as she did Audran or anyone else's. She tugged the two along and would head to the forest unless they stopped her. She didn't think about the fact that she hadn't asked permission for it to be now.

She could already see the area of forest she intended to bring them too in her minds eye. It was a place where a small pond sat, likely a result of one of the students in a past year. It seemed to be fed by an underground spring of some sort and was always crystal clear. A type of white water lily grew in the bond, the silver tinge of which reminded her of the drow's hair ironically. Around it grew other flowers as well, forming a sort of wild garden. She nurtured it to keep it alive, as she secretly hoped others would in time. Every flower was unique and beautiful and free, often growing in vines up trees. At night it was often even more beautiful as various fireflies would form there at night which reminded her of something.

"You should visit it by yourselves at night some times. The forest animals are attracted to it because of a pond there and there's some unique fireflies i've only seen there that show up at night." She added with a blissful sigh as if remembering it. She adored the sight of it and couldn't help but walk a little faster. She knew the purple flowers there would suit the dark elf, and she couldn't wait to show someone her 'secret' garden. It wasn't ordered and frequently seen like the gardens in front of the school, it was more like the tangled grove back home. Would they love it as much as she did? She hoped so... the only other person she'd taken to it recently was Adela because Adela'd made a comment about wanting a peaceful place to be. Of course it had been near a full moon and likely been sarcastic but 'ela had gone with her anyway and even said thank you!