View Single Post
lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 09-11-2011, 01:18 AM

Johnny's sapphire eyes glistened as the dusk sun slowly settled downward. He stood up to leave, but seeing as the troops were heading to their tents one by one, he sat back down on the small stool, took out a cigarette, and lit it. As he smoked, he looked around at the dirty, ragged place he was at, and thought back to better times.

It was morning, the sun hit the sky peak at exactly the right time. He woke up to both of his sisters smiling down at him, bugging him to play with them in their vast yard. "I don’t understand how you lost your stuffed bunny down there. It’s lost forever, Emily. Let’s just forget about it. I’ll get the babysitter to ask our mom to buy you a new one." Emily glared at Johnny with an intense stare and gave him a 'hmpf'. Johnny felt sweat dripping down his neck and side burns. Hoping to scare her, he said in his most innocent and concerned voice, "Emily… I don’t know if I would want to go down there. It’s dark, scary, and I could get lost just like your bunny! Do you want me to get lost forever?" It worked. She shook her head and clasped both of her tiny hands onto his sleeves, refusing to let go. Johnny giggled, pried one of her hands off of his sleeves, and held it in his own. Then, he took the other twin's hand, and started walking towards the house. The sun faded out behind them, until it was invisible once more.

Johnny was startled by a noise back into the reality he feared to be in, that his father forced him to be in. He smirked and turned his head towards the noise. Not knowing what’s coming, not knowing what’s beyond the knowledge he does not know, was a lot of fun. Suddenly, a mouse squeakily ran across his dirtied, black boots. His smirk disappeared from his face, disappointment taking it's place. He threw his cigarette aside and walked over to the basket of soapy water to wash his boots. He rubbed one off with a rag, making it at least seem clean, then doing the same for the other one.

He heard a noise again, this time on top of the roof of the cafeteria. Johnny looked at the tents further away, only to see some soldiers on guard, smoking and chatting. He didn’t think much of it because although the cafeteria area was in a terrible state (far from his house) it was pretty solidly built. He settled his deep, blue eyes back on the water and washed his muddy face. "It’s absolutely disgusting how we’re living in this place. I don’t see how these people can find filthy to be a good thing. Having mud all over my good looking face... Ugh!" Johnny scrubbed harder to make sure the rough mud came off.