View Single Post
Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 10:56 PM

☆ July 19
Recent things that have happened:

My wisdom tooth hole is all the way healed up. Huzzah! I can eat, brush, and floss normally again!

After several months of distraction, I am resuming my Tidying Campaign. I was resistant to tidying my books, because I love owning books, but I finally forced myself to sit down and just do it. I went through every book I own one-by-one, and at final tally, I'm getting rid of 155 books! (I think I have about 400 books remaining, for context.) Of the books I'm keeping, about 100 of them are books I've never read, and I quarantined them onto their own shelves so that I'll remember to either read them or get rid of them. I had so much open shelf space when I put everything away that I was also able to finally shelves all my writing notebooks and journals, which have been floating around my room without a home for a long time. So huzzah for that!

In other news, last week I out star-gazing in the cemetery (I like hanging out there, it's peaceful), and I accidentally knocked over an old headstone, and it fell on my foot! It was...really painful, to say the least. I happened to be wearing my sturdy hiking boots, and I think that saved my foot from getting seriously broken. It's been healing slowly but steadily, and I'm back on my feet again, if moving a bit slowly. In another week or so, I should be back to 100%. I have to admit, I feel pretty embarrassed about this event though, because I broke an old headstone, which is something I would never, ever, do intentionally, because I actually have great fondness and respect for cemeteries and the local history in my area. Ultimately, my foot will be fine, but that headstone can never really be fixed, and I feel bad about that. [sigh] Nothing I can do about it, of course, but I still feel bad.

Anyway, that's the major stuff lately.