View Single Post
Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-16-2013, 10:00 PM

CHAPTER 49 (PART - B)

The Fakir, Rastapopoulos, and Lady Ravena sat in the room looking over a map of the ship when Dr. Mueller suddenly walked in.

“Dr. Mueller!” Rastapopoulos greeted.
“Ah Mr. Rastapopoulos! We meet again” Dr. Mueller nodded taking a seat at the table.
The Fakir had his head down on the table grabbing his temples.
“What’s wrong with you?” Dr. Mueller asked.
“An extreme use of my abilities has severely weakened me” the Fakir answered meekly.
“Ah Dr. Mueller, it is a pleasure to see you once again…” Lady Ravena stood up.
“No need my lady!” Dr. Mueller said kissing her hand.
“So how did the experiment and stone collecting go?” Lady Ravena asked as if she was a bit more privy to more classified information.

“The experiment was moderately successful, but it did not achieve the desired effect… we need more tests” Dr. Mueller said darkly.
“And more tests you shall have Doctor” Lady Ravena smiled.
“I have the special cargo of subjects you have requested in the hold” Rastapopoulos commented.
“Excellent! We must get started right away…I have the cursed virus which came deep within the Soviet Chapter” Dr. Mueller acknowledged.
“Please don’t tell me I need to hypnotize anyone else…” the Fakir whined.
“No, you’re work is finished for now… go get some rest for now” Lady Ravena smiled.

“Thank you my lady, you are too gracious!” the Fakir smiled leaving the room.
“Yes…I know…” Lady Ravena said with a patronizing tone.
Shortly after that comment Lento entered the room and almost seconds later, Ivan began knocking behind him.
“Were all of you going somewhere?” Lento asked.
“We are going to prepare the new specimens for our arriving guests… would you like to join us?” Lady Ravena said almost seductively.
“Why of course…” Lento nodded with a smile.
“Boss…” Ivan whispered.

“Ivan, great timing, you will accompany us down to the hold” Lento nodded.
“The hold?” Ivan asked a bit puzzled.
“Yes…don’t ask questions, just come” Lento motioned as they all began to make their way down into the lower decks of the ship.
“Boss… I believe you may have gotten what you wanted” Ivan whispered as they walked.
“What do you mean? About Gaspar?” Lento carefully whispered back.
“Yes…” Ivan nodded.
“Things seemed to have backfired on me…” Lento replied regretfully.
“What was that?” Lady Ravena asked looking back.
“Nothing my lady, just getting some minor details” Lento smiled.
“I see…” Lady Ravena said unconcerned.
“Wow! The Fakir’s head must be about ready to explode” Rastapopoulos commented.

“Indeed” Lady Ravena agreed.
Crewmen were working like robots not paying them any attention.
“This is a bit eerie even for me” Dr.Mueller admitted.
“The All Seeing Eye knows and sees all…best to make sure you’re on the right side” Lady Ravena said slowly.
“We should only do two experiments… we don’t want to waste our most powerful weapons just yet… we could have not only Tintin’s allies, but also the law against us if they are foolish enough to try to intervene” Dr. Mueller sighed.
“Agreed…Herr Wagner has chosen his allies wisely…most of them at least…” Lady Ravena finished sarcastically.

They walked into one of the last holds that had a bay door. The room was dimly lit and there were only a couple of small portal windows high above. The hold was filled with many crates, then in the back, a cage hooked to a strong chain and pulley attached to the ceiling sat empty in the back. Lento jumped back startled by the sudden growling.

“Ah! My pets!” Rastapopoulos smiled.
“Just how many of those do we have here?” Lento asked.
“We have about six…two in each of these three crates” Rastapopoulos replied.
“I thought you would have gotten more of them?” Dr. Mueller looked a bit disappointed.
“These are top breed and mean! Hehehehe!” Rastapopoulos laughed.
“We’ll use what we have then, I will insert the vial when you feed them…say fresh meat?” Dr. Mueller smiled.
“Of course!” Rastapopoulos agreed.
“Herr Wagner has something even more sinister up his sleeve…” Lady Ravena replied mysteriously.
“What could that be?” Lento asked even more intrigued.
“Let’s just say from some old information that we know one of Tintin’s deepest fears…” Lady Ravena listened to the growling coming from the crates.
“What would that be?” Lento pressed.
“Patience…you’ll see my eager one” Lady Ravena concluded vaguely.
“Yes, now we only need to set the bait and wait for our prey” Rastapopoulos agreed heartily.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Benton awoke again, but this time to smell of fire? He quickly jumped off his bed and looked around realizing he was back in his grandmother’s house so many years ago. Quickly he dashed out of his room and a blazing glow was coming from downstairs.

“I know you have it you old hag!” a man yelled.
“…I don’t know…what you’re talking…about…” an old woman answered.
Young Benton walked down the stairs slowly as he saw the fire blazing with two men standing over his grandmother.
“Grandmother!” Benton shouted out.

The two men looked up, but this time Benton saw the face of the closest one. He was a tall man wearing a black trench coat and hat. He removed his shades and looked at Benton dead in the eyes. He had an ice blue and a red eye. Benton grabbed his chest in fear never wanting to remember what he just saw.

“There’s the kid! He knows where it is!” the other man shouted.
“I’ll get him, you deal with the old crone” the other man shouted in a German accent.
“Run Benton! Take the heirloom and run!” the old lady forced out.
Benton turned back to retrieve what his grandmother was talking about while crying “grandmother!”

Suddenly Benton was at a window and he jumped falling into the bushes as the house began to burn brighter. The tall man stared at him from above. That look now burned itself in Benton’s memory as he woke back in his cabin aboard the Sea Serpent with a start. Benton took a deep breath remembering the details of the dream and then all the sudden things began to make horrifying sense to him.

“The heirloom! Lucille! The kids!” Benton whispered frantically.