View Single Post
Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-01-2016, 08:50 PM

12/10 T2

From snacks to soups & salads to hearty main dishes,
things to eat that aren't sweet belong here.

ENTRY FORM

Quote:
[indent][COLOR="skyBlue"][B][SIZE="5"]I have a savory dish to share![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]
[B]Comments[/B]: [optional]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
[indent]I have a savory dish to share!

Proof:
Comments: lamb steaks with couscous + quinoa and sun dried tomatoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
[indent]I have a savory dish to share!

Comments: It's mashed potatoes and green bean casserole pan seared to make a leftover stirfry with a bit of a crunch to take away from it being leftovers. I almost added cheese and sour cream, but decided the onions from the casserole would add enough flavor. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naisou View Post
Hehe,,,it twas yummy.
The cinnamon stick kept trying to sink before my picture though...

I have a savory dish to share!

Comments: My Christmas Eve Dinner, Cornish Hens, beans, and wild rice.

...so I forgot to take a pic with my name...but it has the same tablecloth as my Butterbeer photo...I understand if you can't accept this though. Just wanted to share my pretty chicken. :P

Comments: I made a grilled panani sandwich (I guess that's what to call it) It's got toasted bread with three types of cheeses grilled onto the bread itself and some seasonings then I made a spiral sliced honey glazed brown sugar ham for Christmas so it has some of it on the sandwich with cheese sliced on it as well

Comments: Cheesy Hammy Taters
Potatos sliced - Potato chip style circular slices, then it has some of the spiral sliced honey glazed brown sugar ham in it and some chives

Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie;1773828788
[indent
Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie;1773828788
[indent

Comments: What's holiday time without some comfort food? Here's some delicious chicken and dumplings. :D

Comments: Ok, I know this is not photogenic at all, but it was a big bowl of deliciousness! It's a leftover bowl I made with the remains of Christmas dinner. It's got nice tender chunks of leftover roast in a meaty mushroom gravy I whipped up over rice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post

Comments: Boneless teriyaki chicken thighs, sweet peas, mac n cheese, and sauted spinich. Yum~

Comments: Homemade traditional Japanese inspired ramen. Just ignore the fact that my boiled egg didn't peel right.
Anyway, this savory dish includes egg noodles, chicken broth, sliced tomatoes, one boiled egg, spring onions, mushrooms, and a mixture of carrots, kale, brussel sprouts, and spinach. It was yummy~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post

Comments: i made some bibimbap, it was my first time and it was delish! roasted bok choy, garlic rice, roasted sweet potatoes, pickled watermelon radishes and persimmons, with some green onions... and a fried egg! i put a picture before egg and after egg, so all the pretty christmasy colors can be seen!

Comments: ground rosemary and sage pork tenderloin, some sauteed garlic kale, and roasted potatoes. i also made salsa verde for the first time! it's the green stuff on the pork; capers, parsley, with some garlic paste, white wine vinegar and olive oil. i would have been satisfied just eating the salsa verde (i have two pictures because i didn't know which one i liked better!)

Last edited by Nephila; 01-04-2017 at 01:15 AM..