Thread: Frozen in Time
View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 12-24-2009, 10:13 PM

Things will become known as we go, so be sure to ask questions when needed! The stage is set in a small mountain camp - some explorers have found a cave. These explorers are looking for an ancient civilization, and the clues they have found point to this particular bit of earth.
Feel free to join me as a historian, explorer, or any of the ideas that pop into your head!
I require literate posts, though I must say that I occassionally suffer from 1-2 liners. Try to keep it to at least a small paragraph.
PM me if you're interested in joining.

I'm controlled by: (Username)
You can call me: (Name)
I've blown out this many candles: (Age)
Can't you tell? I'm a: (Gender)
The side I'm on: (Scientist, rebel, anything you can think of - basically your occupation)
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: (Family or friends that you hang around - possibly even co-workers)
Are you blind? I look like: (Appearance. A picture and description if possible, although only one is fine.)
I just adore: (likes, three minimum)
Don't get me started on these: (dislikes, three minimum)
There's more to me than a pretty face: (Personality)
I've travelled here because: (Reason for coming to the "cave"/getting involved with the scientific dig)
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: (Basic history)
Pretty Colors are Pretty!: (Posting Color)

PM me the profile when you are finished!

Accepted Profiles:

Quote:
I'm controlled by: Esmme
You can call me: Shara
I've blown out this many candles: Unknown
Can't you tell? I'm a: Female
The side I'm on: “Elven”
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: No one is left. I am one of the last remaining few of my kind.
Are you blind? I look like: Elven Kind typically have a gentle metallic hue to their skin, and strange markings on their face and eyes. White glowing eyes, long pointed ears, and elongated fangs and claws to go with them.
I just adore: Silence, the cold, knowing there’s someone there for me.
Don't get me started on these: Heat, fire, the sun.
There's more to me than a pretty face: Fairly aggressive and ready to fight, Shara is one to step up to a challenge without thought. Can be territorial and bestial, strange and random, this woman is full of spark and surprises.
I've travelled here because: I used to live in the caverns. After being threatened by the sunlight, my kind felt drawn to go into a stage of hibernation – rest. Unfortunately, most of us died off before going into the crystals – and even more of us perished while deep in sleep.
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: My kind once ruled the underground caverns. Our fall came when we ventured too close to the surface, altering people to our presence. When the kinds mixed, there were many problems, and we eventually withdrew into our homeland again. This was a mistake. Human-kind followed us, forcing us back up toward the surface world and into the sun. Many of us died, and the “Stranger” were forced to take action – we hid. We slept. And now we’ve been found again.
Pretty Colors are Pretty: Blue

You can call me: Keji
Can't you tell? I'm a: Male
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: No one is left. I am one of the last remaining few of my kind, though I awoke soon after Shara – I joined her.
Are you blind? I look like: Keji. Elves typically have a gentle metallic hue to their skin, and strange markings on their face and eyes. White glowing eyes, long pointed ears, and elongated fangs and claws to go with them.
I just adore: Warmth, kindness, meeting other people, learning.
Don't get me started on these: Being unable to do something, the sun, and being weak.
There's more to me than a pretty face: Kind, gentle, and protective. Kej is known to step up to the role of caretaker – that doesn’t mean he knows how.
I've travelled here because: I used to live in the caverns along with Shara. After being threatened by the sunlight, my kind felt drawn to go into a stage of hibernation – rest. Unfortunately, most of us died off before going into the crystals – and even more of us perished while deep in sleep.
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: My kind once ruled the underground caverns. Our fall came when we ventured too close to the surface, altering people to our presence. When the kinds mixed, there were many problems, and we eventually withdrew into our homeland again. This was a mistake. Human-kind followed us, forcing us back up toward the surface world and into the sun. Many of us died, and the “Stranger” were forced to take action – we hid. We slept. And now we’ve been found again.
Pretty Colors are Pretty: Gray

You can call me: Sephiroth
Can't you tell? I'm a: Male
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: No one is left.
Are you blind? I look like: A human, thanks to my build. Still elven, though more on the muscular side of the spectrum (believe me, it’s hard to do when you’re genetically slender). Skin is pale, lacking any metallic look. I have no markings, and his eyes glow white – just as the other’s do. Fangs and claws, just like the other elves . . . as well as having their grace and speed.
I just adore: . . .
Don't get me started on these: The sun, warmth of any kind disgusts me, other people, company in general . . . there isn’t much I don’t like.
There's more to me than a pretty face: Most of the time I’m rough and somewhat unkind. There comes a point when I’m actually comfortable enough to speak with you, and from there on out, I begin to be a bit more . . . how to put it? . . . kind. Outgoing, though not in the way most people would think. Sometimes I come across as being abrasive.
I've travelled here because: I used to live in the caverns. After being threatened by the humans, we were drawn to go into hibernation – the crystals. I have been asleep for years, and at the time the humans entered the cavern, I was still deep in my state of rest.
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: We once ruled the underground caverns without fault. Our fall came when we ventured too close to the surface, alerting people to our presence. When the kinds mixed, there were many problems, and we eventually withdrew into our homeland once more. This was a mistake. The humans followed us, forcing us back up toward the surface world and into the sun. Many of us died, and the elves were forced to take shelter. We slept. And now we’ve been found again by a group of pesky humans. We’ll see if they decide to stick around.
Pretty Color(s are Pretty?): Black

Quote:
I'm controlled by: Talitha001
You can call me: Alana Vartos
I've blown out this many candles: 20
Can't you tell? I'm a: female
The side I'm on: Explorer/ archeologist
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: my coworkers and fellow diggers.
Are you blind? I look like: I have long black hair and green eyes. My hair goes to about my midback. I have darker skin from working out in the sun. I wear a pair of tan shorts and a white tank top with black boots up to my knees. I have a tool belt around my waist. I carry two knives for protection one in each boot.
I just adore: animals, exploring, reading, learning new things, being alone
Don't get me started on these: Parties, to many people around, loud noises, the concept of dating, girls who act slutty, stupidity.
There's more to me than a pretty face: I am sweet and caring. I dont much care for dating or guys when it comes to romance but am still open to it. I love animals a lot and will do anything to help an animal in need.
I've travelled here because: study and research. I am trying to help find a lost city of course.
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: I went to college for 8 years. The reason im such a young archiologist is because I am a certified genius. I graduated top of my class at the age of 12. I enrolled in college and this is my first exploration on my own. I got a grant to come on this dig from my old professor and am very much looking forward to it working out. I have never had a personal life. I devoted my whole life to school and work.
Pretty Colors are Pretty!: Red
Quote:
I'm controlled by: Shadami
You can call me: Lyla K. Lestrang
I've blown out this many candles: 22
The side I'm on: Scientist / journalist. What she does is help with the sounds, smells, and feel of a place to complete the picture when they need to describe new discoveries.
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: mostly just her co-workers on their excavations. She has a cat and a sister at home that she lives with when she is home.
Are you blind? I look like: Her hair really is actually white and match her silvery gray eyes. She usually keeps a bandanna tied in her hair or over her eyes.
I just adore: music of any kind, the warmth of sunlight, and the feel of sand
Don't get me started on these: most insects because they are too small and silent for her to really understand them, flying, and swimming.
There's more to me than a pretty face: She is very calm and collected but she has panic attacks when she is faced with things that she has no control over, like swimming, when your blind and get swept underwater it is even more of an upside down world than if you could see. She would say she is daring but it'd be a lie because she is more cautious than she realizes.
I've traveled here because: Even though she is blind she finds a thrill in adventuring and discovering new things, it gives her the ability to meet new people and understand the world around her through a different set of eyes.
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: She was born without her sight and has had to cope and learn to live in a dark world. When others were playing tag or wrestling she would be digging in the sandbox enjoying the feel of all of the small grains. She would pick up an item and feel it learning its shape and trying to understand everything about it. Eventually she could even take things apart and put them back together, learning the different parts. Above all though she loved being outside, touching plants and dirt, all of these skills she found lead her to moving on to the path of scientist and she quickly got with a good group after impressing her college professors with her speed.
Pretty Colors are Pretty!:Green

You can call me: Kiyoshi
I've blown out this many candles: unknown
The side I'm on: Elf
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: My enemies
Are you blind? I look like: This with pointed ears.
I just adore: Gold, weapons, royal treatment
Don't get me started on these: dogs, other elves, night
There's more to me than a pretty face: I'm bitter and love to be treated like the princess I am. I don't like people getting in my way and i'd rather pull a weapon on them to make them move than keep asking politely
I've traveled here because: I was exploring my enemy territory during the time they were concealing themselves in crystal. I was curious what they were and touched one and got myself trapped away from my people.
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: The princess of one of the few tribes of elves that were left on the surface. She was bitter about the 'cave dwellers,' surviving underneath while her people had to suffer. She decided she would explore and find out how they lived so that she could send in an attack later.
Pretty Colors are Pretty!: dark orchid. =]

You can call me: Nakeit
I've blown out this many candles: 4
Can't you tell? I'm a: male
The side I'm on: no one's really, its a vicious creature
Unfortunately I'm stuck with:a crystal prison
Are you blind? I look like: This
I just adore: raw meat, meat, cooked meat (he likes meat....)
Don't get me started on these: fruit, birds
There's more to me than a pretty face: wild, barks at new movement
I've travelled here because: trapped
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: One of the wild animals, closest to a wolf that lived around the elves. He got trapped in the crystal because some elves believed that they would be able to tame them to hunt humans when they were freed and came out of hiding.
Pretty Colors are Pretty!: blue
The Story:

Darkness. That was all her eyes had seen for years, decades. She couldn't remember the last time she had moved from her place. Even now, she was content. It was cold, black, and silent - and it soothed her.
Clang.
The sound of a metal tool striking the stone made her mind flare to life. Something was coming.
Unable to move inside of her crystal prison, the metallic skinned woman felt the strangers drawing nearer. Would they find her at last, setting her free from this sleep? Or were they dangerous, and going to destroy her once she was released?

Last edited by Esmme; 08-04-2013 at 07:48 PM..