View Single Post
Naruto forever
I lied. I'm like 200% gay

Old 02-24-2014, 09:55 PM

((Sorry I've been having a bit of writer's block. Plus a bit of busyness with a new semester in school and all. ^^; And I think I will do a tiny time skip~ Just a day or two. ))

Amir sat at one of the broken down wooden tables, looking at the plate of...of whatever it was he was served to eat. Ever since the soldier's little "outbreak" with how the workers should be treated a bit better, the camp had been feeding all of the prisoners a bit more often. Or at least, it seemed that way. After all it had only been two days, and they got one or two small meals a day. It wasn't much, mainly just mouldy bread or something of the likes, but it was better than nothing. Across from him sat the boy who had tripped the other day. Apparently he had taken a liking to Amir, and in just the two days Amir felt as though the boy had told him his life story. His name was Henry--Amir couldn't be bothered to remember the last name that he had said--and he was from Poland. He had lost his parents during the confusion of being rounded up, mainly because he had run away. He was sixteen, and had an older sister who was, apparently, around Amir's age. His father had owned a small diner, which has since been destroyed. All useless information like that.

It wasn't that Amir didn't like the boy; in fact, given different situations, he'd probably enjoy the boy's company. But with their situation as it was, Amir simply didn't want to get close to anyone. All he wanted to do was survive until the soldiers released him. Wether that meant not getting in their way, or simply staying healthy, Amir didn't care. He didn't really have use to get close to anyone anyways. Wouldn't they all be split up in the end one way or another? He took a few more nibbled of the bread that had been given before stuffing it in his pocket for later. Who knew when they would get fed again. As if on cue, one of the soldier came around, shouting at all of the men to get a move on and start working again. With a sigh, Amir stood up, noting that Henry quickly came back to his side.

"Hey," Henry whispered quietly, "Did you hear about the rumours goin' round lately?" Amir shook his head. He tried to think of a way to tell Henry that he really didn't care, but before he could, the boy continued. "Apparently, at least people been saying this, there's other camps where you don't even work. They just kill ya'!" Amir looked over at the boy curiously. Was this a surprise to him? Though it hadn't been said officially, it wasn't hard to find out that the soldiers didn't care wether or not they lived. In fact, it seemed like the soldiers more or less wanted them dead. Though an entire camp just to kill...that was a bit out there. Plus, there were a couple of soldiers who seemed to value them as actual workers. "Just a rumour," Amir brushed it off, "You can't really trust anything anyone says here. You should know that by now, kid." He heard the boy scoff something, adding on a "call me Henry", but Amir ignored him. They were supposed to be getting a new set of jobs today--at least his group was--seeing as they had finished digging the holes. Amir still didn't want to think about what the holes were being used for. Hopefully they were just meant as work for them. The group of them, maybe about somewhere between thirty and forty, walked in a long line, one that was formed almost perfectly. Being at the back, Amir couldn't exactly see, but he assumed they were following one of the soldiers to their new "work area", per usual. With another tired sigh, he kept his eyes on the ground, pretending to listen to the younger boy chattering along beside him.