View Single Post
Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 01-08-2015, 12:22 AM

☆ January 7
So close to being over this cold! Mostly just tired and congested at this point. I have to do some heavy-lifting outdoor work on Friday though, so I'm taking it easy until then.

Started playing a choose-your-own-adventure game called Sorcery! which I'm quite excited about. In addition to reading the story and making choices, it also has battles, magic, an inventory, illustrations during (some) encounters, and an interactive map. I've been toying with the idea of making my own interactive-fiction game, and Sorcery is a perfect example of the kind of thing I would want to make.

I'm also started playing Civilization: Beyond Earth. I used to play Alpha Centauri and its expansion back when I was in high school and always wished they would bring it forward or remake it, which is essentially what Beyond Earth is. (That is, it's a sci-fi civilization management game with aliens, lol.)

No particular progress to report with my resolutions; since I've been sick I'm giving myself a bit of a pass. Also, with the daily habits, I don't want to be a draconian jerk to myself about them; if I do them, great! If not, that's okay, try again tomorrow. I'm generally pretty rubbish at daily habits, so it's not helpful to be mean to myself about it.

My angel cards for today: vision, adventure, purpose.