View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 07-29-2015, 02:34 AM

Daisy hung her head as Brid and Astoria helped her to her feet. It was actually quite embarrassing. She really admired the two women, Daisy felt they were so perfect, so beautiful and now she'd ruined her chances of them thinking she was perfect and beautiful too. If there was ever a time in Daisy's life where she felt like the most hideous person on the face of the earth, that time was right now.

As Daisy stood, she wobbled a little with each step she took. "... Ah, damn." She murmured. "I'm shorry... I can't rem... ah... remember my shweet number."

Oh, the embarrassment just wouldn't cease! Daisy felt her cheeks flare up with a dull redness that surprisingly still showed on her brown skin. "I'm... sho shorry."

A really relieved sigh almost escaped Tom's lips. But instead, he kept his composure and tried his best to play it off like he wasn't that worried... (Though, he probably failed horribly at that charade.)

"I am quite sure they are fine... But I know it would definitely put me at ease to see for myself that they are alright." Tom caught himself after that sentence came out, "I am sure that both Brid and Astoria are well capable of handling themselves..." HE took a minute to think the next sentence through, not meaning to sound overbearing or overprotective.

"I am just concerned for Daisy. She hasn't been feeling too well since the ship sailed." He didn't want to go into detail and embarrass Daisy further, and besides, Tom was almost certain he didn't have to spell it out. Everyone at this table probably knew by now that Daisy was drunk. No need to shout it out to the world.