View Single Post
Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-06-2015, 06:31 PM

Mannik mimicked the man's surprised look. "What? Toge-gross, man! My parents were taken on a Raid...she took me in. W-why does any of this matter? I'm telling you, they aren't coming for me. As a hostage, I have no value." He managed to get his mask back on, staring behind the man, but he was still rather confused. Perhaps that was why everyone had thought Sarah would come for him?

His emerald eyes hardened as Zenon went on to mention that Adelmar was his, Mannik was deluding himself, and that they had the rest of their life together. The soldier spun out some questions, but Mannik was beyond even playing the game. Still, the questions Zenon asked seemed harmless enough. He wasn't going to betray the woman who had raised him by giving away info on her.

Instead, the man from Below leaned forward, giving Zenon a cocky grin. "Aww, come on now, Zen. Really? Have you even seen the side of her she let me see? You talk about her like she's so frightened of the world." He continued, meeting the other man's gaze. "You know I was right. You don't deserve her. If Below knows about you sleeping around, do you think she doesn't? How's that gotta feel for her? You are scum. She's so far above you, and the worst part is, you don't even see it..." Mannik laughed, leaning back. It was awkward, but finally, he managed to prop his feet on the table, his chained hands sitting in his lap, appearing like he didn't have a care in the world.