Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Flying Wings

Old 04-14-2007, 12:07 AM

*Basically made this thread because of the HP 7th book x3*

Do you know any books coming up this summer? Are you planning to reserve it or buy it? What is it about? :3

Discuss. <3

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-14-2007, 12:18 AM

That's winter for me. XD But yes, I've already pre-ordered the book! I cannot wait!!

[-trekkie-]
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-14-2007, 01:32 AM

This summer is really all about Harry Potter 7 for me xD
I've pre-ordered it already, at a 50% discount. It was awesome~
I'm very excited about it, too, but at the same time a little sad. I've been waiting to finish this series for years.

Pedge
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-14-2007, 01:40 AM

I can't wait.
It's been two years?
The day it comes out I'll be racing to the book store to get it.

Sedge
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to Sedge

Old 04-14-2007, 01:43 AM

• Well, there's the 2nd book in Linda Buckley-Archer's Gideon Trilogy, which is supposed to be out in June. Yes, not only did my favorite character not die in the 1st book, but the 2nd is named after him. A rare occurrence, indeed! Now if only my conspiracy theory pans out...

Other than that, there's the next book in L. A. Meyer's Bloody Jack series, but I don't think that'll be out until fall.

I think I'm the only one who isn't going to rush out and buy the last Harry Potter book right away. I'm probably going to wait and see what other people say about it (namely the romantic aspects) first.

Eliza
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-14-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithia
That's winter for me. XD But yes, I've already pre-ordered the book! I cannot wait!!
xD
And ooo! ;D
Trekkie-=OOO LUCKY! I can't reserve it until my mom sees a sale price. D; Boarders give a 40% off but my friend says that if you reserve it at Millionares, you'll get "free stuff". >.>
Pedge-I think people are going to sleep at the bookstore overnight because it's released 12:01 AM. xDD
Sedge-Ooo, never heard of those books! ;o;
And really? O:

[-trekkie-]
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-14-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
Trekkie-=OOO LUCKY! I can't reserve it until my mom sees a sale price. D; Boarders give a 40% off but my friend says that if you reserve it at Millionares, you'll get "free stuff". >.>
Ah. I got mine at Chapters with a 40% discount that stacked with my 10% iRewards discount.
We don't have a Millionaires here, free stuff would have been cool.

Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Flying Wings

Old 04-14-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [-trekkie-
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
Ah. I got mine at Chapters with a 40% discount that stacked with my 10% iRewards discount.
We don't have a Millionaires here, free stuff would have been cool.
xD Oh.
Aw, that stinks. :[

Jay`kitsune
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Jay`kitsune

Old 04-14-2007, 01:33 PM

then newest in the eragon seiries <333333
i love those books
the movie sucked

and i cannot wait until hp 7 comes out !!!
i wanna know if he lives or dies D<
im going to a midnight bash were we stay in barnes and noble the night before it comes out and on midnight they start selling the books >3<

verya
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via AIM to verya

Old 04-14-2007, 01:50 PM

@Sedge: I love Meyer's Bloody Jack series. I'm tempted to go back and read the books already out just to refresh myself before the next book comes out.

In general: I'm kinda leery about the 7th HP. I hate the 6th one with an intense passion and I really don't want her to screw up the ending of the series.

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 04-14-2007, 04:59 PM

Haha, of course it's Harry Potter for me! I'll be at the bookstore at midnight wearing my robes and charming the little kids!

Usually I have short hair and I actually look quite a bit like Harry Potter so the little kids have their photo taken with me, but I'm growing my hair out! I don't know if I'll cut it or not! On the one hand, it makes the kiddies so happy! On the other, I kinda want long hair again.

Sadly, I'm behind on all the other series I read, so I don't have anything else to rush out to the bookstore for this year. Because I just moved, most of my books are still in shipping, so I don't foresee getting caught back up anytime soon. Otherwise I would surely be stalking China Mieville.

Simplixity
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-14-2007, 05:21 PM

Nope, the only book I'm even keeping track of is the 7th Harry Potter book. By now though, I'm only reading the book to know the conclusion of the story. Of course, there's also going to be more bloodshed! XD

icyMOTHA
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-14-2007, 06:16 PM

Like everyone else, Im looking forward to HP 7. xD

My sister and I have planned to make a night out of it. Lol. We get our books from Meijers, because they have it right at midnight, and they do a little party for it. Lol.
...and we get a discount since our stepmom works there. Lol.

We're gonna dress up and everything. :3
She's dressing up as her HP OC character, Delaidra Kaolin, and I'm just imitating her style for my outfit, but in Ravenclaw colours. xD;

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 04-14-2007, 06:54 PM

• Do you know any books coming up this summer?
    I only know the 7th Harry Potter book is coming out on the 7th of the 7th month!
    My brother's birthday, haha. :P

Are you planning to reserve it or buy it?
    Probably, but I'm not soo suree..

What is it about? :3
    Uhh, I don't quite remember, but doesn't someone die or something?

<3

Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 04-15-2007, 01:09 AM

Oh... There are so many. Why do all books come out during the summer??

Harry Potter, of course, Eragon's newest book maybe, Jo Beverley's newest book, The Fox by Sherwood Smith which is the second in a great series and... There must be more but I can't remember.

Updater
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-15-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedge
  • I think I'm the only one who isn't going to rush out and buy the last Harry Potter book right away. I'm probably going to wait and see what other people say about it (namely the romantic aspects) first.
I definitely wouldn't rush out and buy it, even if I COULD! I'll be at camp, so there's really no way for me to do so, even if I wanted to. But frankly, I don't really want to anyway. She's killed off my favorite characters, I positively hated the fifth and sixth books, and am now no longer looking forward to the seventh. The first and second, maybe the third or fourth, books were the only ones I liked. =|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamerthanthou
Oh... There are so many. Why do all books come out during the summer??
So many books come out during the summer for the same reasons that so many movies come out in summer; kids (school-aged ones, that is) have off school, and therefore have more time to both read (yeah, right.) and watch movies. Or at least, that's how it's been explained to me...

Mimi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-15-2007, 02:15 PM

In august the new Stephenie Meyer, Eclipse is coming out ^^ i am looking forward to it as much as to Harry Potter ^^

Cyzzane
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Cyzzane Send a message via Yahoo to Cyzzane

Old 04-15-2007, 05:02 PM

Looking forward to quite a few actually...

I know that there is another Laurell K Hamilton book out in June, Harry Potter out in July and I'm pretty sure about a doxen of my other favorite authors have books coming out during the summer months as well.

Which is terrible as I'll be in classes and between classes and work I'll barely have time to read them the way I'd like to.

StripedSocks`
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-15-2007, 11:00 PM

I've had my copy of Harry Potter 7 reserved forever.
Also, Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer is coming out in August.
Dance with a Vampire, the fourth book in the Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schreiber, is coming out in July and a manga on the series is coming out in September.

Hollie
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 AM

The end of Harry Potter almost seems to signify the end of my childhood. And that makes me sad.

I have torn feelings about it.

kymest
De-activated

Old 02-03-2010, 10:17 PM

'fang' the 7th book of maximum ride is comeing out in march!
and i cant wait till the last harry potter movie comes out!!
i think it is going to be seperated into 2 movies...