Indy Lyon
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-17-2009, 09:08 PM

Does anyone know of Eros.
He's the original Cupid the Greek god before the Roman's ripped him off into a sweet little babe which he was not in Greek judging from his wife Psyche.
He's the Greek god of all love especially homosexual love if i am correct (not sure!) and was a hemaphrodite, not quite sure what Psyche said to that...
So come and chat if not about love Greek gods or otherwise, then anything and everything (within rules):angel:

Simone Lune

Old 02-18-2009, 01:11 PM

didn't he have golden wings. Golden Arrows for passionate love and Lead Arrows for passionate hate?

Simone Lune

Old 02-18-2009, 01:13 PM

Oh *hurries back in* and wasn't the tale of Eros and Psyche the first fairy-tale written And the original (that we know of) Beauty and the Beast story? I love that story myself even if it isn't a tale easily found in most bookshops.

leasfy
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to leasfy

Old 02-18-2009, 01:19 PM

lol and I thought you were referring to one of our mods here :XD

Ayreiya
*^_^*

Old 02-18-2009, 01:32 PM

Eros was the god of love. He married psyche but she was not allowed to look at him at all.

Indy Lyon
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2009, 01:33 PM

nope, and opps sorry if anyone thought I was referring to anyone on menewsha in the title or thread, it's the greek god I'm on about.
Simmy I love that story too, and when you read it you can see the similarities to all other Beauty and the Beast stories. A similar one which has almost exactly the same plot (except for names and scenery) is a story called "East O' the Sun West O' the Moon" which is also a favourite and the edition I have has the most beautiful illustrations in it.

⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2009, 01:33 PM

o: Well, this was interesting. o 3o

Tilly
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-18-2009, 03:58 PM

~just wikied it~

I don't think he was a hermaphrodite..

But that's super greek to have a god for gay love.

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 02-18-2009, 04:14 PM

Eros the mod should make an appearance in this thread, then. D=

I love reading about Greek gods and myth. I'm ethnically Thracian, though not Greek, Greek.

I think Eros is sometimes shown as a hermaphrodite, but not sure why or the era. But the origin of the word Hermaphrodite is from a Greek god of his own ...