fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 11-18-2011, 03:44 AM

Ok....so this has been a few years ago but I remember when you went shopping there was a map with the shops on it and you clicked which one you wanted to go to. Now all the stores are in a list

I was just wondering when and why this changed
I know it's been a looonnnngggg time but it's been nagging at me and I couldn't find it in the announcements so I just had to ask :lol:

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 11-18-2011, 03:46 AM

It's been quite awhile now! I don't remember exactly when, but we have also added several shops and changed things around to make them more user friendly, so my guess would be around the time when we added some shops. That old layout was not very easy to use so I can't say I miss it!

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 11-18-2011, 04:03 AM

Lol ok :) thank you!
I was starting to think I was imagining it because I couldn't find anyone talking about it.

I like how the shops are all together and easily accessible with just a few clicks :yes: Just wanted to make sure it really was how the shops were laid out at one time :lol:

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-18-2011, 04:52 AM

I remember the shop map! I had such problems with it - never worked half the time for me XDDD I always had it in list mode anyway because I remember there was an option to have it that way or a loophole to help find it XD

But if I recall correctly, it changed because new shops were added and the links were getting messed up or something...I don't quite recall - but the list always worked better for me anyway so I was happy XD

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 11-18-2011, 04:59 AM

I remember it changing maybe a month or two after I joined...I never understood how to use the map anyway. :XD;;

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-18-2011, 08:14 PM

Yan took the map away forever ago, because it was a huge resource hog due to the size of the image. Plus the fact that it was a bit of a white elephant as no-one used it, AND it was a completely inaccurate representation of Mene's shopping district, as it was all seperated buildings laid out on a grid, like some weird Stepford Wives thing :lol:

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-18-2011, 09:53 PM

I remember that map. I always just used to list too. Half the time that map wouldn't even load for me but I also had a slower connection at the time.