Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 03:54 PM

Hello all and welcome. So, I am sure that many of you have a quest thread, have quested for an item before, and/or have set personal goals for yourself that all deal with obtaining gold or items. This thread is a place to discuss any quest related things! Do you prefer an organized quest thread? Do you have many goals, or just a few? What all have you achieved here on Menewsha and how far have you come from when you first started? What are your goals? Long term, short term? Tell Mene all about it here.

So here is an overview for what this thread is about:

--> Come here to chat about your Menewsha goals and quests.
--> Tell us about your achievements! I'd love to hear how you completed certain quests or goals you set for yourself.
--> Do you have a quest thread?
--> If you do have a quest thread, do you prefer it to be well organized or is it thrown together?
--> Are you after items that will take awhile to save up for or have your heart set on smaller items that you may be able to get quickly?
--> Come tell us about all the progress you've made here!
--> Have you made yourself a list of all the items you love? Or do you just come across items randomly and decide to get them?

*More may be added to that list. :P

So, come here and discuss questing adventures or anything else that you've accomplished Menewshan related!

Please note that this is not a place to ask for gold, items, beg, ect. It is simply a place to chat about dreams and achievements. ;)

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 04-30-2013, 03:58 PM

Oh, there are tons of items that I want, most of which I can afford, but I just don't buy them. I tried the questing thing, but it didn't work out very well So, I just kind of make a mental list of things I'd like to get. I just hate spending money, both here and in real life xD

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 04:03 PM

I know the feeling. There are items I can buy right now, but I really don't want to see my gold disappear again.. xD I am attempting to save up for a more expensive item on my quest and I usually end up spending my gold on other items.. I am so bad at that. But I finally am being stubborn with it and not wanting it to go anywhere. Woohoo!

Have you gotten any items lately that you really like?

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 04-30-2013, 04:05 PM

Mmmhm, the makin' moar faces CI, but I bought that with Mennies, so I don't know if that really counts xD I want to get all the 'nature' themed items.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 04:07 PM

Ooh, those are some nice items. :3 Have you/Are you going to make a list or memorize them in your head?

Vox
*^_^*

Old 04-30-2013, 04:13 PM

I haven't gotten around to making an organized quest yet. I'm still in the scrounging-for-gold-to-then-immediately-spend-in-the-marketplace stage of my Menewsha adventure. >< Though I have made a list of rares I want that I will probably post when I have a reasonable enough economy to start questing them. When I do make a quest thread, it will probably be organized by priority. I'll start with the items I want most and work my way down the list.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-30-2013, 04:14 PM

My target currently would be the Vday 07 Pin and Sash, Pday Golden Clover Pin and GOLDEN TOILET.!

My strategy is...
Not buying any commons, only spend on CI and EI.
Since 08... and until now... T___T still... nowhere near...

Last edited by xuvrette; 04-30-2013 at 04:32 PM..

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 04-30-2013, 04:17 PM

I do have a list in an old quest thread I had with someone, I'll have to look for it. But then I'll want to buy them all D:

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox View Post
I haven't gotten around to making an organized quest yet. I'm still in the scrounging-for-gold-to-then-immediately-spend-in-the-marketplace stage of my Menewsha adventure. >< Though I have made a list of rares I want that I will probably post when I have a reasonable enough economy to start questing them. When I do make a quest thread, it will probably be organized by priority. I'll start with the items I want most and work my way down the list.
That sounds very reasonable. :3 I find it nice to have a list and watch as items start to be crossed off.. Makes me feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
My target currently would be the Vday 07 Pin and Sash, Pday Golden Clover Pin and GOLDEN TOILET.!

My strategy is...
Not buying any commons, only spend on CI and EI.
Since 08... and until now... T___T still... nowhere near...
Well, you have a nice variety of items though, right? That probably hindered your efforts some. :3 But it is always nice to have items. I am sure you will get them eventually. Some things just take awhile. >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
I do have a list in an old quest thread I had with someone, I'll have to look for it. But then I'll want to buy them all D:
That is my problem too! Lol. It is hard to keep your mind set on one item when you want so many.. xD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-30-2013, 04:32 PM

I have stash of gold... but to find a good offer/seller... is hard.
That is always the hard part.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 04-30-2013, 04:33 PM

I can't help it. I love pretty things. All the shinies ;_;

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 04:35 PM

my goal was to achieve top mad poster
this challenge would have helped a ton!

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 04-30-2013, 04:37 PM

You could do it, hummy, you're everywhere!

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 04-30-2013, 04:53 PM

I have a lot of organized quests when it comes to the rares on the site. I have managed to achieve a lot of those quests thanks to all my great friends on here! I also have no set goal for the order of which I achieve most all of the commons. I already have a large amount of commons.
I do have a quest thread, but it is outdated. I still have to dust it off sometime and check off what items I have already achieved that are still listed.
My goals are rather expensive and will take a lot of time to achieve, therefore, they are very long term.
I have a list of the items I love, but if a common fits well with my outfit I am making, I will purchase it to use if I do not already own it.
I have achieved so much since joining in 2007!

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-30-2013, 05:09 PM

wait... Hummymy... Didn't you achieve that like... last week?

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 06:18 PM

I've had a quest thread for a long time, since way back when I first joined. The first thing I ever quested for was the Green Clover Hairpin. I wish I could remember what I paid for it, but at the time it was a lot of money, both for me personally and for the site. I mean, it wasn't outrageous, but I remember it took me a long time to save up and find a seller. (Thanks mikey! Are you even still around?)

I've given my quest thread some pokes over the years since then, but it hasn't gotten much action. I did go through a phase a while ago when I gave all my threads a new matching layout, but then didn't work to make them active again. I just updated my quest thread this week though, since I was on hiatus for a long time and missed out on a ton of CIs and EIs.

Right now, I have my quest split in two, one section each for CIs and EIs. The EIs are lower priority to me, but generally cheaper and easier to get, so I've already gotten most of them through trades. (Hi Velvet :3) For the CIs, I've organized them in my thread chronologically, but I'm not getting them in any particular order.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

my goal was to achieve top mad poster
this challenge would have helped a ton!
That's a fantastic goal. 8D

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 PM

I don't remember the specific details of what I quested for first, and my quest thread is embarrassingly out of date now, but making one was the turning point in my relationship (for lack of a better word, lol) with this website. I'm not the most outgoing person when it comes to chatter and felt awkward just jumping into someone else's conversation, so I was a major lurker at the beginning. But having a quest thread gave me a place to operate from - like a "base" or a cozy little home I could dress up and prepare for visitors. Making it was kind of like "moving in" to Menewsha for me. :)

When I looked though the shops and picked things I wanted to get, at first I just looked at cheap things - things I felt were easily attainable - because I wasn't sure how long Mene would hold my interest. As I got more comfortable here I started picking out things that would require more of a commitment to acquire, like past event items and CIs. I ventured out to other folks' quest threads and met my first (and best) Mene friends there. Captain Howdy's quest thread was one of my first subscribed threads.

Even though I've neglected my own quest thread and don't make it into the others as often as I used to, Quests is still my favorite forum on Mene. <3

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-30-2013, 10:20 PM

I've been here since 07, so I've had the benefit of keeping up with the rares as they came out instead of having to quest and play catch up. Which is for the best, because I am so bad at questing. My quest thread is almost all commons. There are a few 07 rares from before I joined that I'd like, but they're so expensive that I'm not even going to bother questing for them. Not worth spending that much gold for one little item when I could put that gold towards a million commons!

Mostly I just use my quest thread to keep track of all the commons I want. But it changes so often and my thread usually doesn't get much activity, so I just let it go out of date and update it every once in a while when the mood strikes.

Generally I just save up gold to have enough to buy everything I want half-off from the event store. Usually I aim to have 5-10k for events.

XxZombie.Mama.NephxX
Snakes & Crossbones

Old 04-30-2013, 11:45 PM

Ahh questing...

Questing is one of the main reasons I stay on Mene. I like to set little mini goals for myself to see if I can do it. I have an oddly organized brain (Read I'm methodological and calculating) I think that when setting goals such as quests its a key part of how I process thing is list making. I've always been a list maker. XD Even when I was a kid.

My quest is in 4.5 stages Stage one was the buy all the past CIs, Stage 2 was to buy all the past EIs. I finished those two early this year and I'm into the third stage of my quest. NPC items. This section of my quest is proving to be the most frustrating because of the personal way these items are given out a rare few will trade them. The point 5 of my quest is maintenance if I ever finish goal 3 I'd like to keep a float of 100K just encase.

The forth and final stage of my questing is commons... However with commons constantly being added to this part will never be done. And in all likely hood nor will my NPC item quest because items will keep getting added to it, like the four new convention shirts that were added.

My quest thread is in my siggy on my other account. I should add that link into this one as well. XD

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 04-30-2013, 11:57 PM

i actually recently achieved my greatest quest. i was questing for the mask of atlantis and i finally got it, it was given to me out of the goodness of someone's heart for next to nothing. as a result i have started a donation quest. im going to try to help out as many people as i can get items that they want and give out 100 gold to all the pretty avatars i see.

so my goal now is to give out my last 10,000 gold to random users. i have successfully given out 20,000 since the event. which i think is an achievement in itself!

XxZombie.Mama.NephxX
Snakes & Crossbones

Old 05-01-2013, 12:23 AM

Wow that's amazing bsw. I knew you were donating a lot but I had no idea how much. :D Congrats on achieving your quest goal. :)

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 05-01-2013, 12:48 AM

Hi there ^_^ I started a quest thread but made it hard for myself because I wanted everything listed with a picture ... and sorted by store ^_^ and by gold price... In the end I overworked myself and the thread is still unfinished.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
Hi there ^_^ I started a quest thread but made it hard for myself because I wanted everything listed with a picture ... and sorted by store ^_^ and by gold price... In the end I overworked myself and the thread is still unfinished.
Yeah, it can take a whole lot of time. >_< Mine still isn't entirely completed yet and I am actually working on it now. xD

Commons.. so many wonderful commons..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 03:39 AM

Item-wise, my quest is to get all the '07 event items I'm currently questing for that I have listed in my quest thread, along with some NPC items. Then I'll be able to focus all my gold on getting commons that I want at a much more leisurely pace and host more thread prizes...

Other quests I'm on is to (somehow) be top poster. But that's not happening with Hummy here, so I'll just settle for top five, if even that is ever possible.